• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington's vtr barrell question

snufulufugus

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
Mobile AL
hello all i've been doing alot of looking into a new rifle setup when i came across the the 700 target tactical, my question is about the new barrell shape. have any of yall had a chance to shoot or review this one? i was reading the specs on remmy website and it does not say that the barrell is floated?

currently shooting a stock 7hunid in 7mag looking for something else to add to the safe.

Re: remington's vtr barrell question

I have a 223 VTR and it shoots great. Only thing i dont care for is the cut in muzzle break. the barrel IS NOT floated in the stock. Honestly i dont know what is different from the VTR to their cheaper model 700 other than the triangle barrel. Mine does shoot in one hole tho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 223 VTR and it shoots great. Only thing i dont care for is the cut in muzzle break. the barrel IS NOT floated in the stock. Honestly i dont know what is different from the VTR to their cheaper model 700 other than the triangle barrel. Mine does shoot in one hole tho. </div></div>

nice the tactical target was eying was in .308 with a 11 1\4 twist w\o a cut in break.

I've got one in a .308. Mine shoots good. I swapped out the factory stock for a take-off HS5r before I even shot the rifle. The factory VTR stock is junk and is not floated. I'm going to replace the crappy factory trigger when my taxes come back. Wasn't my first choice in a rifle but it is what I got "stuck" with and it hasn't been bad so far.

the target tactical has a b&c medalist adj stock and is floated, also it does have a triangular barrel but it is different than the vtr. it id a bit larger in dimention and is 24 inches long.