• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remm 700 ? What model is this .

Bozcoyote

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
Redmond Utah
I bought this gun at the pawn shop today and yes I know its fluted and stainless but I cant find this model with an H S stock anywhere. but it looks to me like it came from the factory this way but ive looked and looked to find out what it is but I have had no results .
So I am going to post some pics of it and was hoping some one could tell me what Ive got here .
I paid $350 for it and I think it was well worth it
thanks O yea I almost for got its a 25-06 with a 26" Bbl in BDL and its not a Sendero

100_0507.jpg

100_0508.jpg

100_0510.jpg

100_0511.jpg

100_0512.jpg

Re: Remm 700 ? What model is this .

Yeah smoking buy!!

I think they were/are called the VSSF.. Varmint Stainless Synthetic Fluted

...oops just saw the caliber, why do you believe it isn't a sendero?

I was thinkin the same thing . I dont know why it was so cheap or the pawn shop guy has no idea what hes doing but I did not put it down once he told me the price LOL I was not leavin without it

looks like a first generation sendero SF (no black flutes)

Well it could be but ill the ones I have say Sendero on the barrel .
this just says Remington blah blah IL 25-06

well I paid $900 but it had a nice leuy on it but I sold the scope for $650 leaving me with a $250 gun LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VSSF</div></div>

That's what I thought too until I saw it was a long action. Pretty sure they didn't call any long action stuff VSSF

Older Sendero. I've got the same gun in 300 Wby.

well I found one on gun broker and it was called a
Remington VSSF II SENDERO.
MCC when you say older , how old we talkin?

Its a 97 from what I gather .
the last 2 numbers of the serial number are 97 and the ones engraved on the action

the number is S6372xxx

the date code is two letters on the barrel, the serial number doesn't have the date encoded in it. Though a call to Remington with the S/N will also get you the answer, the lettered date code on the barrel is far easier

The stainless fluted guns came out late 96.

VSSF=Varmint Synthetic Stainless Fluted
This was the designation for the short actions. Bought a 223 new in mid Jan of 97 and they hadn't been out long. Initial offering was 223, 22/250, Swift and 308.

Long Actions----Sendero's 25-06 I think the only non mag caliber when first offered.
Short Actions--Varmint calibers and 308 as listed above.

Remington changed things later from stock style to caliber, some non fluted etc.

Dealer price 1/97 was $569 IIRC??? You got a super deal!!!

Whether it cost you $350 or $250 it was one hell of a deal you worked out for yourself. I have one, a Sendero 7mag reamed to STW and I love it. I'm sure you will enjoy yours too.

yea it was $250 , was thinkin $350 for some reason but that dont add up does it lol

O I see them letters LOL I can see them but I cant make out what they are, tried to take a pic but my camera is a POS
But it looks like its just a H and there is a Z inside the triangle

The only Model 700 Sendero configuration is chambered for the .25-06,.270, 7mm Rem. Mag., .300 Win. Mag. I know of what the very first gen Sendero's. It is fitted with a synthetic stock and a 26" heavy barrel.

Model 700 Sendero SF
Introduced in 1996 this model features a stainless steel fluted
barrel. It has a synthetic stock with full length bedding. It weighs about 8.5 lbs. Chambered for same calibers as the standard
Sendero above except for the .270. In 1997 the 7mm STW cartridge
was made available for this model. In 2003 the 7mm Rem.
Ultra Mag. and the .300 Rem. Ultra Mag. were added calibers.

Model 700 Sendero SF-II
Similar to Sendero SF but with HS Precision synthetic stock.
Chambered in .264 WM, 7mm RM, 7mm RUM, .300 WM, and
.300 RUM. Introduced 2006.

Now the Model 700 VS SF (Varmint Synthetic Stainless Fluted) had the fluted barrel added and was introduced in 94.

I think the op does have a Sendero SF because of the fluting.

Before you guys nut on urself,think back to the good ole days when pawnshop deals like this could be had almost all the time,now the (blow hards)- pawnshop owners/workers like to put new or even higher prices on beat up/truck/tacklebox guns and they act like your on crack when you try to jew them down on the price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M855</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before you guys nut on urself,think back to the good ole days when pawnshop deals like this could be had almost all the time,now the (blow hards)- pawnshop owners/workers like to put new or even higher prices on beat up/truck/tacklebox guns and they act like your on crack when you try to jew them down on the price</div></div>

WOW

Mine has the HS stock and was chambered in 7mag then reamed to STW. If they switched to the HS stock what brand of stock did they have when they first came out? Anybody have a picture of one?

They had the same stocks but didn't have the palm swell (that is the Sendero models not the FS or FS II)

One that was really a rare thing is in 2001 Remington offered a Sendero with a brown laminate checked stock as a special option
The stock was made by H.S. Precision.

In the end they all carry a HS stock just a different versions.

Senderos hit the market in 94.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only Model 700 Sendero configuration is chambered for the .25-06,.270, 7mm Rem. Mag., .300 Win. Mag. I know of what the very first gen Sendero's. It is fitted with a synthetic stock and a 26" heavy barrel.

Model 700 Sendero SF
Introduced in 1996 this model features a stainless steel fluted
barrel. It has a synthetic stock with full length bedding. It weighs about 8.5 lbs. Chambered for same calibers as the standard
Sendero above except for the .270. In 1997 the 7mm STW cartridge
was made available for this model. In 2003 the 7mm Rem.
Ultra Mag. and the .300 Rem. Ultra Mag. were added calibers.

Model 700 Sendero SF-II
Similar to Sendero SF but with HS Precision synthetic stock.
Chambered in .264 WM, 7mm RM, 7mm RUM, .300 WM, and
.300 RUM. Introduced 2006.

Now the Model 700 VS SF (Varmint Synthetic Stainless Fluted) had the fluted barrel added and was introduced in 94.

I think the op does have a Sendero SF because of the fluting. </div></div>

So I take it this is what i got here then, from what winxp-man says it must be the case?

Well if its a late 90s rifle it has not been out of the safe much cause it dont have a speck of dust on it anywhere and not a dig or scratch on it.
What would anyone who knows say this gun it worth to sell in say the classifieds?
But great Info Winxp-man and everyone else thanks for your time , I appreciate it .

I think it is a fairly rare rifle and a keeper, especially for what you have into it. I would never sell mine. my $.02

I paid $600 for mine about 5 yrs ago, HS stock with the palm swell, Leupold base and rings, 7mag reamed to STW with some trigger work. I felt like I got a good deal from a pretty good friend when I got mine.

If you really want to sell it then I hope that helps.

The Sendero rifles are keepers because its not just any rifle. The rifles are built a lot better than the standard 700's out there. I will get mine in 8 days out of CA jail. The model I got is a SF II in 300 Win Mag.

And Bozcoyote glad I can be of help
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The rifles are built a lot better than the standard 700's out there. </div></div>

Care to share where you got that bit of misinformation????

Was the 250$ the cost of the gun, or the cost of the crowbar and buddy you used to rob the pawn shop? That's a smoking deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The rifles are built a lot better than the standard 700's out there. </div></div>

Care to share where you got that bit of misinformation????</div></div>

What I meant by standard is SPS's models from Remington. Sorry for not posting. To clear it up more they do come standard in a HS stock with aluminum bedding something that the lower end rifles don't. Also included is a 26" SS fluted bull barrel. If you search the net you will see more people state that the rifle is more accurate than the person shooting it is. Of course nothing can be perfect but reviews do say that they are a really good rifle for the money.

I may sell it not posting it for sale here cause its not the right place for it but if someone is interested in it PM and we could talk more about it , I only bought it cause I new I was gettin a smokin deal. Say someone offerd me some money for it in a PM , Id sell it if the price was right LOL
If some one out there has a updated rifle blue book could you tell me what it says its worth in a PM please thanks again Guys

PM replied to . And guys if someone does want to buy this rifle PLEASE pm me and if three people do I will post it in the forsale section . I dont want to get in trouble again for posting an item for sale in a non sale section LOL

I love pawn shops. Congrats on the great find. Maybe with the economy down more of us will discover great deals of our own. If we look and have cash ready. Going to make a circle of nearby haunts after reading this. Find it always fun to look even when buy nothing.

The guy that runs our local pawn is "wiz" at getting the most out of everything. He's a hunter and knows his guns. No deals like the above will ever happen from him.
frown.gif

Well I spend countless hours at pawn shops, gun shows and classifieds and luck into stuff once in a while .
its a small hobby of mine and i enjoy it
Thanks again for every ones help