• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remmy problem.....safety touching inside AICS....

Bullseyelr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2009
VA
Remmy safety problem touching inside AICS.........I got a SPS 700 tactical with the new adjustable trigger (from Remington) that came on the rifle and tried to install it in an AICS 1.5 and the safety mechanisms hit alittle inside the chassis....enough where it gets stuck in the safe position and you can not move it to the "fire" position. I was thinking of using a dremel to take out alittle bit inside and maybe that would help. Anyone have this problem as well? Thanks.

Re: Remmy problem.....safety touching inside AICS....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bullseyelr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. I was thinking of using a dremel to take out alittle bit...</div></div>

Do it. I think God and JMB had a talk after John got to heaven, and the Dremel was the result. Go slow, test fit a time or two, and you'll be fine.

1911fan

Had the same problem except with a Jewell trigger. Used the dremel and it worked out fine. As 1911fan pointed out go slow and test fit as you go.

You should be ok. GO slow. There was a thread on this a while back. Can't search for you right now. That's what I did.

I tried the search thing here and came up with nothing. I will try it again. Thanks

Any other easy fixes for this issue?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bullseyelr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. I was thinking of using a dremel to take out alittle bit...</div></div>

Do it. I think God and JMB had a talk after John got to heaven, and the Dremel was the result. Go slow, test fit a time or two, and you'll be fine.

1911fan </div></div>

Asked and answered. It's not a big deal, and there is no other way to fix it than by removing material from the stock. Just go do it!

1911fan

Ok thanks. I will do it.

bullseyelr, is the trigger you're talking about the X-Mark Pro?