• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Remove trail cams on your property, get your house raided

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

6F2F07F3-C896-48C5-831E-D661C67A6A5B.png
    5EFE4E8D-44EF-4D52-849A-3EDC311CB98F.png

The NYC DEC requested permission to place cameras to monitor fishers on my property. I declined. Six months later the same guy is back wanting permission to check on the gas wells.... Again declined. The people from the state who are actually checking the gas wells don't need permission. I don't have anything to hide, but I don't need this guy just wandering around getting in my way.

If he come by again instead of waiting for him to talk I might just ask for a key to his house in case I ever want to stop in when he's not around.

This stuff has been going on for ages. You know what will stop it? Shoot trespassers.
    That bull shit open fields decision happened in 1988.

Guess that put an end to what used to happen to revenue ers poking around

That bull shit open fields decision happened in 1988.

Guess that put an end to what used to happen to revenue ers poking around
    Up here You can be put on a list and tax guy will not step foot. You can be put on a list for state troopers too. I worry that list might do more damage than good though when they decide they have enough reason..

Trespassing at night? Texas says otherwise

Around here at night is likely racoon or coyote hunters. It's more plausibly that they did not see a posted sign at night.

You would need to be almost a Biden Voter class moron to think that's reason to kill someone.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    If they raid you for taking them down when you locate them put some duct tape over the lens and leave them up. They can’t claim theft that way. Unfortunately we don’t own our property as long as we pay taxes on it. It’s like paying rent and if you don’t pay them then you no longer have the privilege of having that space.

Reactions: deersniper
    With the accuracy that most of us on here have, I agree with picking them off. Although putting a big cardboard cut out of Elvis or something right in front of it every time you find one would be funny.

Friend found a couple on his property. He took the batteries out and made cuts in them to cause the batteries to leak. Essentially destroyed the camera and looks like just a battery failure.

non-landowner here: what is the reason these cams are getting put up? Big brother wants to keep an eye on you? They think you are up to something? Does a cam placement require a warrant or court order?

Man I'd be pretty peeved if public servants were putting cams on property I own.

Thanks for humoring me

We haven't found out, yet. They didn't have one. Judges make the rules which in effect are the law of the land.

A judge is trying to tell me I can’t even have a pistol in the house where my family of 5 lives even though I’ve committed no crime..
    They will keep this up all over until we the people stand up.