• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing removing remmy 700 trigger

Reloadyour9

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
Encino, Ca
Can anyone point me in the general direction on how to remove a remington 700 trigger? I am planning on doing my first bedding job tonight but do not know how to remove a trigger.

Thanks in advance!

Re: removing remmy 700 trigger

2 pins, easy to knock out (* pay very close attention on how the bolt retaining latch + spring go together / * watch out for the firing pin release arm (top shiny bar) sits and spring that sits under it may want to fall out and hide in the carpet.

use a couple nails and tape to hold it together until your done with rifle

or

wrap trigger with blue painters tape and put release agent or clay on it

Rear pin first. Remove the safety bar and spring out of the way and drift the front pin out. What Pat M said about the bolt retaining spring. PM me if you get hung up and need photos of the dissassembly.

RT

Here are some pictures if you need a reference.

BR1.jpg

BR2.jpg

Both pins have been "Staked" so you have to drive them out.
To be safe, put the action in a bag so if any parts fly, you will catch them in the bag.

Just did mine 3 hours ago for the first time I used this website
http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/remtrigger.html

When you drift the pins out do it from the right side (so they fall out the left side). Rare and Pat have some good advice with the bag or painters tape. When you remove the rear pin the spring will wanna fly out and try to hide somewhere on your floor.

Here are more pictures for reference.
img1914b.jpg

img1919l.jpg

Thanks for all your advice guys. Got it out with little effort and didn't even have a spring "spring" on me! Did the bedding job, reinstalled trigger, and everything is great! Thanks a bunch!