• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem's New Rifle

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
I put this together for my son, for when we can finally go shooting together. But I think it still might be a while since he is only 8 months old!! Oh well, I guess daddy will just have to break it in for him until then!!

Specs:

Ruger 10/22 Receiver
Kidd Threaded Barrel
Kidd Bolt Handle/Rod/Spring
CPC'd Bolt
Rimfire Tech Trigger with Torsion Return (2.5 lb.)
Power Custom Hammer and Adj. Sear- completely polished
Tuffer Poly Bolt Buffer
Auto Bolt Release
Custom Skull Mag Release
TacSol 15 MOA Base
Hex head take-down screw
Boyd's TactiCool Stock(slightly modified) w/ Karsten adj. cheek piece

CIMG1114.jpg

CIMG1115.jpg

CIMG1116.jpg

CIMG1117.jpg

CIMG1118.jpg

CIMG1119.jpg

CIMG1121.jpg

This is him!!

CIMG1103.jpg

Re: Rem's New Rifle

can I borrow the USO scope until he gets old enough to shoot it
grin.gif

Yes, yes.... that is a USO 3.8-22x<span style="font-size: 14pt">58</span>!! on a 10/22. I figured what the hell. It felt good and balanced on there and it looks kind of cool.

Plus it gives me an excuse to get another USO!!
grin.gif

Thanks guys. He will see it alright. I have already told myself this one is sticking around for a while.... well at least until he gets tired of it!

looks like he's already excited to get it. lol

A very nice set up. Congratulations.

Reminded me of the Patek Philippes'commercial that "You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation."

Now I wont feel so bad for going to put a NF on my 10/22.

I figure with all of the parts to build it new would run about a grand, however, if you just wait things tend to pop up and you can get them significantly cheaper. I really have only around $600 or so in the rifle.

The scope on the other hand is a different story all together.....I think new the scope cost me almost 5X the price of the rifle. You can do the math. But you get what you pay for I guess.

Guys, I bedded the reciever and and part of the barrel the other day and let me tell you this thing shoots!! I ran a bunch of different ammo through it from bulk ammo to the expensive match ammo and this thing performed well with it all. I did all of the shooting from 75 yards with an atlas and rear bag since the SN3 wouldn't focus any shorter than that.

Here is one of the last targets. I wish I would have kept more but didn't. All were 10 round groups. These are far from the best groups, too!

CIMG1173.jpg

My buddy walked into a Wal Mart that was selling out of firearms and had them all heavily discounted. His son was with him, about 1-1/2 at the time. The kid was born in 2006 so he asked the young guy behind the counter what they had in 30-06. The guy handed over a Savage, my buddy held it to his kid who did not look interested.
"He didn't like that one," buddy replied. "Try another".
Salesman handed over a Remington, kid was all smiles.
"We'll take it," buddy replied.
"Wait, you're seriously buying a rifle for your one-year-old?" Salesman asked.
"Yes."
"Will you adopt me?"
"No, you're ugly. Now ring it up."

My oldest is 3, I've started to think about a winter project to make a gun for her.

Something tells me that the barel will be shot out by the time he gets it
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did all of the shooting from 75 yards with an atlas and rear bag since <span style="text-decoration: underline">the SN3 wouldn't focus any shorter than that</span>.</div></div>
Which is why you don't put a USO on a 10/22. Its like having a Ferrari on a desert island... it looks cool but you can't use it.

Great looking little gun! With that KIDD barrel, try some Federal GM Match, Eley Tenex or Lapua Midas. Those are what shoots best in mine but your results may vary.

Thanks guys.

The 3.8-22 was the only scope I had available at that moment. I have an ST-10 on it now. It wasn't really a problem shooting at that distance anyway. I see no point in boring myself at 25 and 50 yards anyway.

I didn't thread a factory reciever. Just used the V block.

Oh yeah and I had Murphy Precision make a custom rail for the front of the stock for my atlas.

CIMG1253.jpg

CIMG1250.jpg

CIMG1249.jpg

A little bit newer pic.