• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remy 700 in 1-7 twist .300 Blackout...any reviews?

BravoSector1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 26, 2011
    Idaho
    I've been looking at this round in a bolt action platform for some time and Remington finally fielded one. They haven't been on the street long but thought I'd ping the hide and see if anyone has purchased one or had range time with one yet. Remington put them in their standard Hogue Ghillie stock...which will have to go but I think an AICS stock in .223 would be a great start for the rifle.

Re: Remy 700 in 1-7 twist .300 Blackout...any reviews?

If you want to hunt with it i personaly would not put it in a AICS stock. Its a great round i have it in a AR platform. I had the AICS stock it was terrible for off hand shooting so i got rid of it.I also did not like where my finger hit the trigger it was not the right fit for my hand. I wish it had worked out better for me because it was a really nice set up. Try one if you can before you buy.If i could have done that it would have saved me some coin.