• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remy 700 Trigger inconsistent

bchibb

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2009
Owensboro, KY
I have a 5R and an XM3 and both have inconsistent trigger pull. About every 6 to 8th pull will be very heavy. It seems that opening and re-closing the bolt some times helps. Also re engaging the safety seems to have the same affect.

They both are stock adjustable triggers set at about 3lbs.

Re: Remy 700 Trigger inconsistent

Jewell, Timney, Rifle Basix, CG Jackson.

all good triggers that can be purchased for your rifle.

I like Jewells.

I had an X-Mark Pro that would do that as well. I guess it is pretty common with those triggers. Annoying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bchibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5R and an XM3 and both have inconsistent trigger pull. About every 6 to 8th pull will be very heavy. It seems that opening and re-closing the bolt some times helps. Also re engaging the safety seems to have the same affect.

They both are stock adjustable triggers set at about 3lbs.</div></div>

Old style triggers: clean, test, replace spring with a Holland spring if still inconsistant

Xmark trigger: remove, throw in garbage, replace with aftermarket or old style remmy

Adjustment to an Xmark trigger is done with a 10 pound sledge, then replaced. I reworked a few of them, but within a couple months they were back to the same old problems. I just quit messing with them all together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adjustment to an Xmark trigger is done with a 10 pound sledge, then replaced. I reworked a few of them, but within a couple months they were back to the same old problems. I just quit messing with them all together.</div></div>

IMHO, any trigger that's list of adjustment tools include a torch is useless...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adjustment to an Xmark trigger is done with a 10 pound sledge, then replaced. I reworked a few of them, but within a couple months they were back to the same old problems. I just quit messing with them all together.</div></div>

IMHO, any trigger that's list of adjustment tools include a torch is useless... </div></div>

I see you've tried working with them too

They are just not built for a super consistent trigger pull. Its in the design and tolerances that it will never happen. I have been able to adjust older Rem 700 triggers and even the X-Mark triggers down to 2 lbs and below safely, but it still has a couple ounce tolerance. Just the nature of the beast!

Mark