• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remy triggers

rubar01

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2010
Luling, Louisiana
I have a Rem 700 SPS AAC in 308 and looking for a new trigger.
What say ye members of the hide.
Timney or jewell?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Remy triggers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cajunshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info MAGUA. Can I ask what the problem was? </div></div>

Rifle Basix triggers SUCK and so does there customer service
smile.gif

I'm kind of partial to the timney... I really like the wide trigger shoe... And it can be adjusted down far lighter than I would go with one..

Not SubMOA but I can tell you that installing a Timney trigger is easier than reinstalling the factory Remington trigger.

I hated the trigger face of the jewel, but other than that it was nice. It's about 1/8" wide and has sharp corners. For $200 you'd think they could at least spend 30 seconds and finish the trigger face edges.

Not sure on the Timney but I hear good things. I actually think a well tuned 40x trigger is one of the best options for price/performance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cajunshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SubMOA
do you do the install if so how difficult was it?
Thanks </div></div>

As posted by everyone else... A timney is a snap to install...

Timney Trigger +1000 .................

I really like the wide shoe, and it was arouns 130 shipped to my door.
smile.gif

Another +1 on the Timney. Had one on my .308 match rifle, over 5k rounds on it, never a problem. Was adjusted to 1.5lbs.

SY

I have a Timney also and love the flat wide trigger shoe. For the money, It is great although an old style 700 or 40X factory trigger properly adjusted is very good for less money.