• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reno 911 Police action

Michael52

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2020
Reno, NV
I'm wondering just what this is all about. A friend who lives about 3 miles east of me in Reno, Nevada sent this picture that he took from his living room window the other day. On the left is a police officer pointing an AR-15 type rifle at the apartment building balcony. Behind him is another police officer holding a radio. Behind him is a local guy looking on. To the right we see 3 police officers looking around the corner in to the parking area, but at what exactly they are looking at I don't know. To their right are two female police officers who look like they have their guns drawn but with their arms hanging down. On the balcony we see a woman talking with a man who is holding a small black dog. My friend says that he thinks he saw the police take two rifles away from someone but he didn't see anyone get arrested. He said that in all he saw 11 police officers. I was wondering if the woman is one of those social workers that the police defunders want to send around. But why the need for so much back up? And how exactly are they providing backup standing around like they are? And who had the guns, the guy with the dog? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2442-1.jpg
    IMG_2442-1.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 280
I dont think the two on the balcony are the 'suspects'. Look at the direction the carbine is being pointed; way too low for the 2nd floor.

But then that leads me to ask, WTF are they doing up there?

Other problem is, officer rambo with the carbine needs to move in and take cover on the side of the white truck and the guy behind him needs to take cover at the rear of it.

The 'assaulting force' on the right is literally 10 feet away from where officer rambo's LOS/window of suppression is. What happens when they need to move forward to actually do something?

Reactions: camocorvette
I dont think the two on the balcony are the 'suspects'. Look at the direction the carbine is being pointed; way too low for the 2nd floor.

But then that leads me to ask, WTF are they doing up there?

Other problem is, officer rambo with the carbine needs to move in and take cover on the side of the white truck and the guy behind him needs to take cover at the rear of it.

The 'assaulting force' on the right is literally 10 feet away from where officer rambo's LOS/window of suppression is. What happens when they need to move forward to actually do something?
Good observations. Yes he is pointed lower than the balcony, I see that now. I know, if I saw all of those police I'd be getting out of there, not having a nice chat with my neighboor with that gun pointed in my general direction. And yes if those other police move forward they will be in the line of fire. The whole situation just looked strange to me, as if they had not really thought out their plan of action.

The other thing that got me is my friend saying that they confiscated rifles. What if the suspect decided to start shooting from behind the curtains with his rifles. Those police have a fair distance to cover while approaching with pistols. It's 50 feet to the middle apartments and 100 feet to the back from the sidewalk.

Looking at the picture, its possible the people on balcony haven't realized there is something going down. I don't think all the officers would be visible form there.

We’d be getting more useful intel if he posted what he saw through his scope. ….He did have the elevated position right?

I fricking loved that show. Can it still be found on the web somewhere?
I have a few seasons on DVD as well as the movie. I don’t think you can find it anywhere to stream besides that stupid Quibi streaming app because they bought the license or something. It’s a shame too. That show was fucking awesome. I need to finish out the collection. ::pours drink, logs into Amazon, and prepares to spend a shit ton on DVDs::
1630349985203.gif

^Me once the entire series collection arrives.

• Love
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I have a few seasons on DVD as well as the movie. I don’t think you can find it anywhere to stream besides that stupid Quibi streaming app because they bought the license or something. It’s a shame too. That show was fucking awesome. I need to finish out the collection. ::pours drink, logs into Amazon, and prepares to spend a shit ton on DVDs::
View attachment 7694142
^Me once the entire series collection arrives.

There are newer episodes streaming on amazon or Hulu, don't remember which. Amazon has MXC too.

• Wow
Reactions: M8541Reaper
WHat ever the reason the dog was lucky to come our of it alive.

Local PD did a takedown for "To Catch A Predator" and make it look all bad ass.

All I saw when I watched was a bunch of idiots pointing guns at each other. Almost a circular firing squad...

Not Unsurprisingly, the police chief was later fired....