• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I shoot out that way, just past the range on BLM land. We are looking to try that range at some point, but we can shoot 1k where we go. Thanks for the reply, hope to meet at some point.

anytime just shoot me a PM...as far as you want to shoot.

Attachments

• B867B0BF-9C9F-4359-9244-B1059F4DFA55.jpeg
    B867B0BF-9C9F-4359-9244-B1059F4DFA55.jpeg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: acudaowner
we should plan a shoot on the 20th or 21st...you guys both have my number if your interested in meeting up.

That sounds doable.....I will chat with wife and get it locked in. She really wants to shoot her new 6 Creed out to distance.

Update - Wife works the 20th but is off the 21st......shall we?

Last edited:
yes lets plan sunday the 21st...the only thing that will cause an issue is Q&D is doing the pipe line out by where i shoot so as long as we can get around it(which has not been a problem as of yet)we are good...ill talk to the guys at Q&D and make sure were ok.

what time and how far? velvetant can not come out real early.

Being it's our first shoot with new people I'm all for keeping it simple, I'm good with 800 yards or so depending on weather conditions, target sizes, shooters abilities. We can complicate things once we learn where everyone is at.

i have a lot of round AR500 from 4" to 14"....also have a squirrel,chuck,crow,rabbet and coyote and i have a bunch of props as well....we will talk before the 21st and get a plan together...do you have a 22?

Reactions: John Glidewell
Yeah. Have not shot it in years....lol. prob a good practice rifle. I have some 7" square AR500 and clays. Sounds good though, looking forward to it.

Being it's our first shoot with new people I'm all for keeping it simple, I'm good with 800 yards or so depending on weather conditions, target sizes, shooters abilities. We can complicate things once we learn where everyone is at.

I have targets and hangers out to 925 at 100yd increments so everyone should be good...the wind is tricky but that’s the best part.

Reactions: John Glidewell
Nice.
I'm hoping to get out soon to zero my rifle and varify dope. I just got it back together after having the stock inletted by CDI. 18" barreled 6.5 Creedmoor dedicated suppressed rifle.
If not I'll bring along my other 6.5 Creedmoor

I don’t mean to bring this back from the dead...but I bought a place in southern Reno and am looking to meet some people to shoot with. I’ve been to the county range a couple times and it’s good for what it is, but would love something else. I’m not here full time, still work in California, but I’m around a couple times a month. You guys still meet up and shoot? Was planning on shooting the long range Varmint Match in June if anyone else is going.

Yeah. We were shooting out to 1220 today. 47guy shoots those varmint matches. I might start after the milk jug challenge in a couple weeks.

here is the link to our club...check the calendar for matches...

saturday after the varmint match they were talking about a NRL22 match this month...im not sure if thats going to happen or not.

here is the link to our club...check the calendar for matches...

saturday after the varmint match they were talking about a NRL22 match this month...im not sure if thats going to happen or not.
Per my text sorry we missed you this weekend..

We had 3 ranges set up.. (if you count the 22 range with the NRL pack). 12 of us were just plinking

This one was out to about almost 2k at the longest target. Most the guys were on the one we had at 90° to the right. That went to almost 1300 but was set up @100, then @ 279, 500, 589, 822, 989, 1292..
Unknown-21.jpeg

Here are how nice the A-Tip, ELD, Bergers stay if they just miss a plate around 2K - Calvin was tempted to reuse his A-tip lol
Unknown-22.jpeg

FYI we stayed and cleaned up every casing including the 22LR cases, even the frag ~~ have seen people leave their crap all over BLM.. Especially sad in such a place like this.

Last edited:
i might be moving my set up in a year or so...i heard today that someone just bought a bunch of the land by where i shoot and industrial is going in.

Here is some of the data from my kestrel from the 1900y shot. I got 1 hit out of 12 *rain of bullets* technique with Hornady140 ELDM.

Was able to dial 22mil and hold 5.5mil elevation, dialed 5mil wind held an additional 1-2 based on splash calls.

Env: 83 degrees, SP 25.51, RH 17%, DA 6778, SpnDrft off
Ballistic: range 1901, elevation 26.27mil, w1 0.16L, W2 5.56L, Trce 16.5mil, RemV 1004fps, RemE 313flb, ToF 3.66 sec, MaxO 671*, Drop 1889*, RTrns 1251yd, RSubs 1518,

Last edited:
I'm going to re-bump this. Does anyone shoot east of Reno near the washoe/storey county line? was out there exploring in my truck and ran across a lot of shooters, seem like mostly pistols/shotguns/family type shooters. Didn't have a range finder so I couldn't figure out how far I could go, but seems like a good place.

I'm going to re-bump this. Does anyone shoot east of Reno near the washoe/storey county line? was out there exploring in my truck and ran across a lot of shooters, seem like mostly pistols/shotguns/family type shooters. Didn't have a range finder so I couldn't figure out how far I could go, but seems like a good place.

are you talking about the old mine site? Or the spots on the right side of the road in lockwood?

Basically if you come in from the old range off Rio Wrangler Pkwy and head east into the desert. I’m new here so I don’t know the names of any other reference points.

I've been shooting out there for decades.
Never been harassed by law enforcement .
Can get kinda busy and occasionally a few idiots show up.
I drive a dark blue jeep wrangler lifted with a hard top. If you see me stop and say "hi".
I usually go in/out the Lockwood side.

Reactions: bfk4lyfe