• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rep. Jamaal Bowman Charged for Fire Alarm Stunt, Faces Six Months in Jail.

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY); inset of Capitol fire alarm being pulled. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) has been criminally charged with a misdemeanor for pulling a fire alarm in the Cannon House Office Building, allegedly to prevent a vote on the House floor.
The charge carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail. NBC News’s Frank Thorp first reported the story.
BREAKING: Rep Jamaal Bowman has been criminally charged with one misdemeanor count of falsely pulling a fire alarm for the September 30th incident in the Cannon Office Building, according to court documents, @dnlbrns & I report.
— Frank Thorp V (@frankthorp) October 25, 2023
“We finished our investigation,” reads a statement from the U.S. Capitol Police (USCP). “Our agents gathered all the evidence, packaged it up, and sent the entire case with charges to prosecutors for their consideration.”
USCP presented a probable cause arrest warrant for 22DC1319A – False Fire Alarm – to the D.C. Attorney General, who is charging Bowman.
Bowman has been ordered to appear in D.C. Superior Court Thursday morning at 9:30 a.m, EDT for his arraignment.
The former middle school principal insisted that he pulled the fire alarm in order to open the door to make a government funding vote.
Breitbart News first broke exclusively that Bowman threw emergency warning signs to the floor before pulling the alarm and running down a set of stairs before exiting the building from another floor, contradicting his claims.
Republicans have drafted a resolution to expel Bowman from Congress.
***UPDATE***
Bowman reached an agreement with the Attorney General to pay a $1000 fine and issue a formal apology in exchange for having his charge dropped after three months, according to Axios.
Bowman spox says the AG agreed to withdraw the charge in three months if he formally apologizes and pays a $1,000 fine.
"I am responsible for activating a fire alarm, I will be paying the fine issued, and look forward to these charges being ultimately dropped." https://t.co/oftSAWp38b
— Andrew Solender (@AndrewSolender) October 25, 2023
The congressman will avoid serving any jail time if adhering to the agreement.
“I am responsible for activating a fire alarm, I will be paying the fine issued, and look forward to these charges being ultimately dropped,” a Bowman statement read.
Bowman is still subject to additional actions from Congress, including censure and even expulsion.

LYING SON OF A BITCH! THROW HIS WORTHLESS FAT ASS IN JAIL!

I thought legislators were immune from arrest, when Congress is in session, except for high crimes and treason. Stupid yes, jail time, not so much...

There is a new video of him from that day of him FIRST removing the exit signs from the door which he said he tried to open but didnt then pulling the alarm and just walking away. But since he is a liberal Dick sucking ass licking Democrat ASGH!!!!!!!

Reactions: TACC