• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

YouTuber Trevor Jacob Sentenced to Six Months in Federal Prison for Crashing Plane in Publicity Stunt

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Trevor Jacob has been sentenced to six months in federal prison for intentionally crashing a small plane in a YouTube publicity stunt.

Trevor Jacob has been sentenced to six months in federal prison for intentionally crashing a small plane in a YouTube publicity stunt.
As Breitbart News reported earlier this year, Jacob confessed to “intentionally crashing his single-engine airplane in a California national forest to gain views for a sponsorship deal, resulting in potentially serious legal trouble.”
“Jacob’s admission came as part of a plea agreement filed in federal court in Los Angeles, where he pleaded guilty to the charge of destruction and concealment with the intent to obstruct a federal investigation,” it reported at the time.
The offense carried a potential of 20 years in prison. Jacob received only six months. KTLA 5 provided some history of the event:
Prosecutors say Jacob waited two days to report the crash to the National Transportation Safety Board which told him to preserve the wreckage. He stalled the investigation by telling NTSB officials that he didn’t know where the plane went down, according to the DOJ.
More than two weeks after the crash, he and a friend flew a helicopter to the crash site and airlifted the wreckage to Rancho Sisquoc in Santa Barbara County, where it was loaded onto a trailer attached to Jacob’s pickup truck.
The U.S. Department of Justice accused Jacob of cutting up and destroying “the airplane wreckage and, over several days, deposited the detached parts of the wrecked airplane into trash bins at the airport and elsewhere.”
The FAA also revoked Jacob’s pilot’s license.

<span data-mce-type="bookmark" style="display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;" class="mce_SELRES_start"></span>
“It appears that [Jacob] exercised exceptionally poor judgment in committing this offense,” prosecutors argued in a sentencing memorandum.

“[Jacob] most likely committed this offense to generate social media and news coverage for himself and to obtain financial gain. Nevertheless, this type of ‘daredevil’ conduct cannot be tolerated.”

Last edited:
If were the guy, I would call Jack to be my cellie.

Every time this story comes up, my heart goes out to that poor little T-Craft.

Reactions: Flintdog2011
So he was charged for cleaning up his mess? Because Fed boys wanted to investigate the crash which wasn't a crash but a ditching?

So he was charged for cleaning up his mess? Because Fed boys wanted to investigate the crash which wasn't a crash but a ditching?
So you are out in the sticks hunting and get crushed by a plane because a self entitled asshole wants to get clicks, you're good with that? Yes it's a stretch but there was no telling how far or where that plane would have hit.

Reactions: Flintdog2011
So, if you wreck your own plane, then clean the wreckage up, you have committed a crime? Because, the NTSB couldn't spend our tax dollars to investigate the wreckage of his own plane? So, now they spend our money to try him, plea him, and now feed and shelter him?

Makes total sense for today's world!

I guess I could see a point here......they don't want others repeating stupidity and starting a fire or killing others.

Stupid people, get us stupid rules, which create stupid scenarios like this. I guess in the end, I don't give a fuck. Next story...........

Reactions: Im2bent
Makes total sense for today's world!

I guess I could see a point here......they don't want others repeating stupidity and starting a fire or killing others.

Stupid people, get us stupid rules, which create stupid scenarios like this. I
Agree, and I think the highlighted part is their biggest concern when you think of the cost and risks associated with that. As for making sense in today's world - who'd have thought idiots would intentionally crash perfectly good airplanes to get clicks on the internet?? Also, considering the cost of the plane, I wonder if there was an insurance claim involved that would be fraudulent since it was intentional.

So, this guy is just going to head to prison for 6 months, suck some dick while his youtube channel continues to make him money, and come out richer than when he went in, and continue on youtube?

Youtube needs to defund and demonetize all his videos so as to discourage all future "idiots and morons" from filming themselves doing stupid stunts in order to gain subscriptions and views. Idiots trying to get views and killing themselves is one thing, but subjecting innocent people to their shenanigans is another thing altogether...

Reactions: Maggot
Stupid should hurt. He should be glad I'm not the judge.

Shieet, I am more glad that I wasn't camping or backpacking in the very patch of trees in that forest when that plane hit. Imagine if a family had their tent set up right there and was enjoying the outdoors and cooking food over an open fire and then they were obliterated by metal debris flying all around them. That SOB needed to be charged with attempted murder to let him see just how fucking serious things could have been. And not just from the falling plane itself but it could have sliced high voltage lines on it's way down, and suddenly thousands of people, many whose lives depend on electronic medical equipment plugged in and running 24/7, are without power for God knows how long. The consequences are endless.

25 years would be appropriate in this case. Just long enough that when this douchebag gets out he will realize that he had wasted a HUGE portion of his life doing something that could have killed a lot of people just for selfish gain, and that would permanently wipe the shit eating expression from his face.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
Shieet, I am more glad that I wasn't camping or backpacking in the very patch of trees in that forest when that plane hit. Imagine if a family had their tent set up right there and was enjoying the outdoors and cooking food over an open fire and then they were obliterated by metal debris flying all around them. That SOB needed to be charged with attempted murder to let him see just how fucking serious things could have been. And not just from the falling plane itself but it could have sliced high voltage lines on it's way down, and suddenly thousands of people, many whose lives depend on electronic medical equipment plugged in and running 24/7, are without power for God knows how long. The consequences are endless.

25 years would be appropriate in this case. Just long enough that when this douchebag gets out he will realize that he had wasted a HUGE portion of his life doing something that could have killed a lot of people just for selfish gain, and that would permanently wipe the shit eating expression from his face.
This person is not made for jail. No affiliations, small build, and looks like a bitch. He’s about to spend all of his income on prison protection or get buttfucked for the next 6 months.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Big gov’t bootlickers everywhere. This thread is full of them. You guys are just as dangerous and destructive as the dem marxists. The only difference is ya’ll want your own version of a police state. This is why I don’t care for republicans either.

1701809120801.jpeg

Last edited: