• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Repainted my LMT MWS

saryan

GreyFox Inc
Minuteman
Couldnt stand it anymore so I painted it. Duracoat was used. I need one more color that I dont have. More of a Coyote tan.

Base Coat
6cf16126.jpg

2cd3e514.jpg

OLD
63b35c5c.jpg

Wasnt super happy with it and I got a new airbrush so I couldnt leave well enough alone.

8ce2e445.jpg

c677fcd8.jpg

04ca4acc.jpg

50441989.jpg

a5fb8e20.jpg

e3a6ac2d.jpg

230b5ca7.jpg

Re: Painted my LMT MWS

Man that looks sweet! Have you ever done different color and pattern? That will work well in OK, but in the pacific NW i would stand out like a sore thumb

Yeah I have added greens and such to it. I actually add a color called "Bengal Orange" to it but I am out of it.

JJ
Pine needles or broom bristles work great and take very little time. This from start to end took me 2 hours. BTW Congrats on your win. Id like to get in on one of your matches someday.

nice, looks alot like how i've painted guns in the past.

After you paint the durcoat to you have to bake it on?

I am going to paint my duck gun like that. Pine needles is a great idea.

Nice work.
When you paint, do you break it down in to parts or do you just spray as is? I am really good at taking things apart but not so strong when it comes to getting them back together again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dumapus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice work.
When you paint, do you break it down in to parts or do you just spray as is? I am really good at taking things apart but not so strong when it comes to getting them back together again.
</div></div>
No I spray as is. Taking it apart is the professional way....
crazy.gif
I havnt done one in mostly greens. I need some greens and and a coyote color.

With Duracoat, do you need a pneumatic spray bottle or does it come in its own spray cans?

Did you add any of the duracoat flattener or did the finish dry matte enough?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you add any of the duracoat flattener or did the finish dry matte enough? </div></div>
They have a "tactical" line of paints now. It dries really flat.

Duracoats can be airbrushed on. They come in bottles, you mix a small amount with hardener and then spray it on. I use a $5 airbrush from Steves Wholesale.

That looks really great. Blends fantastically with your terrain.

One of the better DIY jobs I have seen. There may be hope for me yet. Thanks.

Interesting. Ive been considering painting mine in Coyote or Desert Tan to create a nice contrast with my Magpul FDE furniture. Very cool.

Good job! I don't know if I'd have the courage to do such a thing.

What did you use to clean, or prep everything prior to painting?

Hot water and soap, then compressed air to dry it. Wipe it down with laquer thinner and then heat it with a heat gun to dry it. I then blow it down again with air hose to get the dust off and maybe hit it with a tack cloth of some sort. Seems like a lot of steps but it goes pretty fast.

Aww man!!1 I loved the first job! The pine needle was absolutely gorgeous! I had it as a screen saver.
frown.gif
I guess perfection never lasts lol

I've been kind of interested in doing either a Copperhead pattern or a Multicam on my Saiga 12 guage for the last couple years.