• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Replacement Barrel Contour...

base

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
So i've tried a search but couldn't find the answer. I would like to replace my barrel on my 308 SPS-V and wanted to use my existing stock. Does anyone know what barrel contour or dimensions that would be? Thanks.

Re: Replacement Barrel Contour...

I should have been clearer. I am looking to replace my barrel with a Krieger and umm on their page listing of contours umm there is no listing umm of a Rem heavy varmint contour maybe. If I am looking in the wrong place please point me in the right direction not be an a$$.

I see a rem varmit contour under sporters last one in the chart
measure your barrel to make sure the muzzle should be around
.830' according to the chart

If you can live without your barrel for a little while, have a local gunsmith or the person that you are going to use to re-chamber your rifle, spin off your barrel and send it in with your order.

Most barrel manufacturers will cut the same contour if requested and they typically won't charge extra if it's a program they already have.

Most barrel makers will also talk to you if you can get them on the phone. Tell them what you need the contour to do, and they will usually be able to give you what you want. Personally I think a barrel maker who can't give you a Remington factory varmint contour when you ask for it sounds a bit odd.

Greg

We have some 6.5mm Rock Creek barrels in Rem Varmint contour. They are 1.25"-0.82".