• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Replacement Bolts

afsocsp

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2009
South Eastern U.S.
Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem. I shipped 2 bolts to Kampfeld Customs to be spiral fluted and of course USPS lost my bolts on the way there. The good thing is, they delivered the mo and order form that was inside the box with my bolts. I insured them for $500.00, so whenever USPS sends me a check I need to find replacement bolts. I need a Remington 300Win bolt for a MK13 build, and I need a Savage 10FP 308 bolt for a savage build. I was looking at PTG bolts I like the 1 piece bolts for the Remington and I see they have Savage bolt bodies also. Who else makes quality replacement bolts. Thanks in advance.

Re: Replacement Bolts

PTG is the only one i know of that makes them and he dose a great job on them, you cant go wrong with one of daves bolts

I have two 700's laying around that need bolts too. PTG are all I have been able to find as well so it's re-assuring to see a few people put in a good word for them.

I have been trying to find PTG on the net and it seems that their Web Site is no longer working--do they have a new web address?

Also if you 700 is a current version you might want to call remington, and see what it takes to get a new bolt for your rifle--it is still going to have to be headspaced, but it will be an original bolt.

Brer Rabbit

Funny thing about USPS losing your bolts, 2 months ago I sent a bolt to Keith Johns for a bolt handle, from a group buy. Guess what????the usps lost those also, BUT Keith received the Priority Box with my check and instructions enclosed, NO bolt, I had pascked the bolt in a 5x6 bubble envelope with my return address on the outside, I then enclosed that in a small Priority Mail box($6.10), taped the h..l out of it and sent it.Numerous calls later and 3 weeks the contents(Bubble Wrap envelope and the bolt) are returned to me by the USPS and the empty box with check arrive at Keiths. THE SAME DAY. This is to much of a coincidence, your senario is a duplicate of mine.
DID YOU NOTE GUNS OR GUNSMITHING, ETC on the address?I think this is a giveaway to the USPS, either to be x rayed or THEFT by USPS Employee. NEVER again will I include in the mailing address either thru USPS or UPS or FED EX any connotation to firearms. By the way Keith Johns was bending over backwards to help with this lost bolt situation/Great guy..Wait and see it may be returned to you within the next few days, did you have a tracking number. I truly believe BIG BROTHER is watching us a lot more than we think. Good Luck getting them Back, I just lucked out, from now on--UPS.

I wonder about notes on the packaging also. We ship a lot of jewelry now and NEVER indicate we are a jewelry store on the package. Learned my lesson a long time ago when a box containing a necklace for my wife showed up from UPS - minus the necklace.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brer Rabbit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying to find PTG on the net and it seems that their Web Site is no longer working--do they have a new web address?

Also if you 700 is a current version you might want to call remington, and see what it takes to get a new bolt for your rifle--it is still going to have to be headspaced, but it will be an original bolt.

Brer Rabbit </div></div>
Found em on Facebook. It seems they have a new webpage. They are no doubt still working on the site.