• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Replacement Tactical Stock for .17 HMR PLEASE HELP

Savage_Sub_MOA

Minuteman
Fellow marksmen:

I'm in search of any information on a tactical style replacement stock for a new Savage .17 HMR set up I'm building for my daughter (8 going on 9 in Oct). I want this to be a surprise Bday gift so clock's a ticking if you know what I mean.

She has progressed from an airsoft to a .177 single shot Air Rifle with Optics to a Rem 597 .22 LR with glass. Now I want to get her something with a bit more precision as well as distance. I thought the .17 HMR would work as it's a bit flatter and much more accurate out to 200 than the .22LR rounds.

Ammo is cheap and available, it won't kick that much, and I have a new Gen 5 Wotac that I can mount on it for her to learn MIL's and ranging. I want her to start dialing in the DOPE to learn the basics and I thought this would be the perfect build for a next step.

That said, any idea where I can find an aftermarket stock, preferably one that is of some material other than WOOD?

Lastly, any input on this build/project/gift would be greatly welcomed. I have 2 girls & a boy (6 & 8 turning 7 & 9 this fall and a little guy 2.5 yrs of age). I can't wait to get him started!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, help, or ideas. I really want this to be fun for her and I'm sure it'll get great utilization as a hand me down for later.

Brian

P.S. Any pics of your kiddo's & their arms would be cool too.

Re: Replacement Tactical Stock for .17 HMR PLEASE HELP

Check out Boyd's tacti-cool line. Or you could buy a .17 from savage complete with Boyd's stock, heavy fluted and threaded bbl.