• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Report on Bushnell CS

lawofsavage

Deplorable
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Background Info: I bought a Bushnell ET6245(http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/eliteTactical/Product/?n=15 ) expecting it to be mil/mil since it says .1 mil click value on their website. Three Bushnell employees confirmed the website is wrong and apologized. Their website is wrong even though it says .25 MOA in the specs area on the bottom it still says .1 mil click value in the features area. I called Bushnell and after being put on hold for over an hour the CS rep after speaking to his manager said the only option I have is to send it in through their Bulletproof Money Back guarantee. The problem I have with this is what if I get another Bushnell product and need to use the warranty it says in the terms each individual is only allowed to use the refund one time. I have considered just getting another Bushnell( http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/eliteTactical/Product/?n=18 )(same thing but mil/mil and IR) but I'm very disappointed in the customer service and feel bad about supporting a company that doesn't support their product.

Re: Report on Bushnell CS

Is that their satisfaction garuntee your referring to? Does that apply to their warranty as well? I may stand corrected but I believe those are two separate policies...

Good luck

you would think this is a special case and you could send it back (on their dime) outside of the warrenty and get a refund. its not like you made the mistake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that their satisfaction garuntee your referring to? Does that apply to their warranty as well? I may stand corrected but I believe those are two separate policies...

Good luck </div></div>

You are correct the warranty would still apply but I would not be able to get another refund on another scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you would think this is a special case and you could send it back (on their dime) outside of the warrenty and get a refund. its not like you made the mistake.

</div></div>

They are not offering anything other than the refund that they offer on all of their tactical scopes even though three employees acknowledged the wesite was wrong and it would be a big inconvenience looks like I learned my lesson on dealing with them.

When I view the webpage it doesn't have the term "MOA" anywhere on it, only 0.1 mil. The 1/4" click value in the specs section is not obvious at all. I'd take the refund and buy something else.

YEA everyone is talking up th HDMR scopes but I learned the hard way with Bushnell my self....STAY AWAY

Also, the specs section doesn't even show the selected scope specs, it is showing other scopes to compare it to. What a bunch of BS.

I bought mine thru Liberty optics and have had no problems, sometimes it better not to buy from the big guy direct because of poor customer service.(assuming you bought from Bushnell direct) I'm sure Scott at liberty would have made this correct for you with no questions asked.

Get the Vortex PST! No matter what? They will stand behind their product 100%!! It doesn't matter what the problem, you will get a fix or replace no questions asked?
Vortex is the best CS in the industry! And to top it off the product line is great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought mine thru Liberty optics and have had no problems, sometimes it better not to buy from the big guy direct because of poor customer service.(assuming you bought from Bushnell direct) I'm sure Scott at liberty would have made this correct for you with no questions asked. </div></div>

I think it's a nice scope for the money but my problem has not been to do with the performance of the scope. It's that it was misrepresented on Bushnell's website as having .1 mil turrets when it actually has .25 MOA turrets.

They finally offered me, 40% off MSRP but it's not really that big of a discount. At least it's better than nothing I may pick up a pair of range finding binocs.

So you bought a scope and waited over a month to check it out and make sure its what you ordered?

Call me crazy but you should have sent it back to the company you bought it from the day after you received it. That would have avoided the entire issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you bought a scope and waited over a month to check it out and make sure its what you ordered?

Call me crazy but you should have sent it back to the company you bought it from the day after you received it. That would have avoided the entire issue. </div></div>

Where are you getting this information from?

Call me crazy but I would take a reading comprehension class.

If you read the original post you would know that Bushnel product ET6245 states on their website that it comes with .1 mil click turrets and they are selling them with .25 MOA turrets. Their website currently still states this and I have informed them of this a long time ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Call me crazy but you should have sent it back to the company you bought it from the day after you received it. That would have avoided the entire issue. </div></div>

How would that have anything to do with the issue of their scope being misrepresented on their website?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you bought a scope and waited over a month to check it out and make sure its what you ordered?

Where are you getting this information from?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you buy it from? Can't do a return there? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">They have a one month return policy and it's past that.</span> </div></div>

Call me crazy but I would take a reading comprehension class.

If you read the original post you would know that Bushnel product ET6245 states on their website that it comes with .1 mil click turrets and they are selling them with .25 MOA turrets. Their website currently still states this and I have informed them of this a long time ago. </div></div>

It also says .25 moa down in the specs. Sounds like you do need a reading comprehension class. That didn't throw up a red flag to you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How would that have anything to do with the issue of their scope being misrepresented on their website? </div></div>

It doesn't. Manufacturers have typo's all the time.

If you waited too long to send it back to the vendor how is it Bushnell's fault. Granted they could have swapped it out for you without having to use the guarantee but I don't see it as their problem in the end.

It is the consumer's responsibility to do all research before a purchase and return it in the allowed time frame if its not what you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly what I thought.....

Probably work for Bushnel.... </div></div>

No I sure don't.

I'm not trying to be a dick, really. But this is not entirely Bushnell's fault.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly what I thought.....

Probably work for Bushnel.... </div></div>

No I sure don't.

I'm not trying to be a dick, really. But this is not entirely Bushnell's fault. </div></div>

Whose fault is it that their website says .1 Mil?

The typo is their fault. That still doesn't change the fact you had a month to return the scope to the vendor.

If you don't want it just get your money back. Simple as that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How would that have anything to do with the issue of their scope being misrepresented on their website? </div></div>

It doesn't. Manufacturers have typo's all the time.

If you waited too long to send it back to the vendor how is it Bushnell's fault. Granted they could have swapped it out for you without having to use the guarantee but I don't see it as their problem in the end.

It is the consumer's responsibility to do all research before a purchase and return it in the allowed time frame if its not what you want. </div></div>

Bushnell has a Moneyback guarantee on all their elite scopes, when I informed them about the misinformation they offered nothing and said that I should just use the moneyback guarantee that is valid up to one year.

This was at my expense to ship it back to them for their mistake, I do not call that good business in my neck of the woods.

I even asked if they would offer me a discount on the one that is mil/mil and they said no until today and I've already decided to go with a S&B instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The typo is their fault. That still doesn't change the fact you had a month to return the scope to the vendor.

If you don't want it just get your money back. Simple as that. </div></div>

I still am failing to see how the vendor plays any role in this at all?

The scope was sent back a while ago.

Because you could have sent it back to the vendor within the thirty days and still have the guarantee to use in the future if you wished.

If you have already sent it back then move on buy the S&B and enjoy it.

Good luck.

I created this thread to detail my experiences with Bushnell CS. The only reason I ever was offered anything is because I needed to speak with the service dept. about a separate issue the subject of my other scope came up and the service person offered 40% off MSRP which is not close to street price. Their CS dept never did anything. I would recommend speaking to someone in the service dept for dealing with Bushnell about anything.

The reality is, Bushnell's warranty/CS program needs ALOT of work. Very nice words on paper, but in practice they lag behind any manufacturer I've ever sold. They make Val @ IOR Valdada look like Ralph Nader. They aren't hopeless, but they really need to commit to their warranty and prove it with actions.

Scott

They also do more than just scopes. I had a pair of Serengeti sunglasses that needed repair, so I sent them off to the address on the warranty card. A couple weeks later, I get a validation number from Bushnell. I had no idea they were going to Bushnell for repair. I'm not sure what all they do, but that may be why the wait is so long on the phone. They may just be spread so thin on all of the things they sell that it is tough to get the "right" person on the phone about a scope issue. It is definitely something that they need to work on.

BTW I was very happy when I had to send those sunglasses in. The pair that was under warranty was replaced, and another pair that was out of warranty was fixed free of charge. Everything was returned within a month.
-Dan

"Grendel 6.5" helped me alot when I had an issue. IIRC, he no longer works there. Its a shame their CS has gone down-hill recently. They offer a good product, the idiots standing behing them are getting in the way though. Until they make a change, Vortex has replaced them for my future purchases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reality is, Bushnell's warranty/CS program needs ALOT of work. Very nice words on paper, but in practice they lag behind any manufacturer I've ever sold. They make Val @ IOR Valdada look like Ralph Nader. They aren't hopeless, but they really need to commit to their warranty and prove it with actions.

Scott

</div></div> this is sad to hear because i love their product i own 2 6500's a tactical and a standard model that are flawless as well as i just purchased their FFP elite tactical 6-24 and have been having some QC problems i am dealing with as we speak with that one but luckily i went through midway for the purchase and they are taking care of me. I just worry what i will have to deal with if some thing goes wrong in the future.

For all of the business students out there, pay attention.

Sometimes the customer is right, but the Internet is forever. I bet this thread will cost Bushnell more in sales than it would have cost them to make it right.

Well, I'm happy to report that this thread is ending a lot better than it started. I received my refund today from Bushnell and I was more than fairly refunded for my scope. They have also fixed their website finally, and I was informed that the Bulletproof Warranty will still apply to any other Bushnell product I purchase that qualifies just not another ET6245.

I am thinking about buying a pair of the LRF Binocs.

In conclusion, I would say that I'm not a dissatisfied customer at all and my experience ended favorably but that the length of time that it took to fix the website was slow and I was not really offered anything other than just the refund but they really took care of me on that so all in all not that much to complain about.