• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

REPR complete; optic finally acquired

Snake Plissken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2012
Finally got my Elcan. <span style="font-style: italic">This</span> is a Battle Rifle.

2012-06-12_23-24-46_38.jpg

BABC muzzle brake
UBR stock
MS3 sling
Geissele SSA-E
Phase 5 Battery Lever for uppers w/ side charging handle
Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x w/ 7.62 BDC

Correction: <span style="text-decoration: line-through">12</span> 11.6 lbs unloaded.

Only thing left is a light (SureFire M300 w/ Haley Stategic Thorntail mount) and she's all done, but otherwise ready for service.

Re: REPR complete; optic finally acquired

Close to how I had mine setup. Love the Elcan, and now use it on my SPR as the 7.62 bdc matches heavier match loads for 556 better for me. I'm a decent size guy but 12+ pounds in a carbine was just too much for me. I assume you're a big guy.

It's lighter than the rifle it replaced (M1A Scout + Mk. 14 Mod. 0 chassis) *shrug*

That's why I chose a smaller light and a really small/simple mount. I'm only 6'0, I wouldn't say I'm that big. I don't think it's THAT heavy, but suppose I like the workout :p

I hear ya. You'll have a blast with the gun. Mine could shoot half moa using a bipod. Enjoy man.

Correction, weight unloaded is 11.6 lbs. I must've pushed it too hard into the scale last time I weighed it. It's one of those digital scales that have sensors to show the weight, but for things too lightweight to trip the sensor, you gotta put some weight on it to get the scale to read and then back up off it/barely hold it there for the true weight. Just tried 3x in a row and got 11.6 every time.

So badass! Why the Elcan? I have heard they only magnify from 1 to 4 power and not in between? They are expensive too! But looks great. I am just waiting on the new SWFA 1-6x and an Atlas. I bet she is a shooter.

exactly what im planning to build. but with a gemtech can

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So badass! Why the Elcan? I have heard they only magnify from 1 to 4 power and not in between? They are expensive too! But looks great. I am just waiting on the new SWFA 1-6x and an Atlas. I bet she is a shooter. </div></div>

I love the Elcan. The rifle was put together with the purpose as a Battle Rifle first in mind, and DMR/precision rifle (the more popular AR-308 application these days) second. The Elcan is perfect for this, with its 7.62 BDC reticle, because at 1x it functions just like an aimpoint, but then if there's a far/distanced target, a quick flip of the lever switches it to 4x to take advantage of the 7.62x51's greater range capacity.

There's no 2x or 3x in between, but that doesn't matter to me. I've never been a fan of putting variable zoom tube scopes on anything meant to be shot faster than a precision rifle/DMR. I know it can be done, but for a go-fast gun, the smaller dedicated optics like an ACOG or the Elcan are more preferable to me.

I went with the 1-4x over the 1.5-6x because in 1-4x, it's two very popular optics: a red dot sight (EOtech/Aimpoint), and an ACOG (4x32) all in one package.

Expensive yes, but worthy every penny. I like it so much that if I ever find myself with extra money laying around and all my other projects are wrapped up and bills payed, I'll buy a second one with a 5.56 BDC for my 14.7" barreled M6A2. The EOtech 555 that sits on it now has served me well however, so I'm in no rush to replace it, just saying that the Elcan is so nice I'd be crazy enough to buy a second one.

Snake, that is a tight looking set up, shoot the shit out of it. I know it's not a bench rifle, but put up some groups.

Pics, so it did happen!

Good for you, enjoy it.

how do you like the muzzle break on there ive been looking at one for my 20" and i cant decide

997, will do.

Bauer, to me the BABC makes it feel a lot like shooting a 5.56 without a muzzle brake, just a little more push. Big difference.