• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Repro WWII sniper rifles

sam626

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
stilwell, kansas
I've been interested in an M1-D or 1903A4 repro for quite awhile and have been checking out the ones at James River Armory quite a bit lately. Here's my big guestion: I'm a lefty and can you even shoot a scoped M-1 left handed?

Re: Repro WWII sniper rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a lefty and can you even shoot a scoped M-1 left handed?</div></div>

I use to run sniper schools using the M1C/Ds. I'm right handed and had several left handed shooters come through my courses.

Your concer was the concern with many of the lefty's. I showed them I could shoot the M1C/D left handed as well (though not a comfortable because I am right handed) as I could shoot it right handed.

It can be done, its not that difficult.

Worse comes to worse add more to the cheek pad so you can get the correct spot weld. I didn't find it necessary, if you are left eye dominent, you're going to push your face farther to the right to get to the scope anyway.

As to which (Springfield or Garand) is best, I'll leave that up to the individual opinion. I've heard both.

Re: Repro WWII sniper rifles

I'm left handed and own a M1D. I have no problems what-so ever. It's quite comfortable because your cheek needs to be tight on the center top of the stock. You may lose some field of view because of the angle, but it won't impact seeing your target.