• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reproduction Springfield Armory M1 Garand

2clicks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Does anyone have an idea what a standard reproduction Garand would be worth? It is not one of the commemorative versions.

I know they made them for a few years just wondering if they have increased in value? Or, if it was a brain fart to think it would it's hold it's value or increase. I have about 20 rounds through it it's been a safe queen for the most part.
Thanks any replies appreciated.

Re: Reproduction Springfield Armory M1 Garand

Look on GunsAmerica and GunBroker and you will get a good feeling for the price their selling for.

Here is a list of Grades & Prices of CMP Garands. You could compare the one you have with the CMP Grades to get an ideal.

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/rifles.htm

Basicly from $495 for a field grade to $3000 for a M1C.

People pay redicious prices for Garands because they don't know about the CMP Garand Program.

The thing about CMP Garands is they are a know quality. You know if you get one, its been gone over by an armor and you can be assured it will shoot and will be safe.

If for some wierd reason a defect sneaks by, contact CMP, they'll make it right. You'll not find any better customer service then the CMP.

An example: When I went to the GSM Master Instructor course, they pulled rifles off the sales rack for us to use. I found one that was difficult to get the bolt closed while empty. Had to poke around the follower to get the bolt closed. I pointed this out to Gary Anderson and it was quickly pulled off the line, bagged and tagged and set to the armors. You'd think it had some sort of infectious dease or something.

I happen to have a CMP Garand I bought at the Camp Perry Depot about 8 years ago all matching and a great shooter. But I also have that one that was a reproduction model made by Springfield Armory NEW. I'm wondering if its holding it's value, I'm kinda thinking about selling it. I paid about $1,000 for it Just wondering if it's still worth that much. It only has about 20 rounds through it. And very accurate at the 200.
I actually lived up there for the majority of my life it was nice being so close about 40 minutes away.

I used to shoot Garand matches and 03A3 matches a lot but not so much being out here in KCMO.

Thanks for the references though!

I think it would be hard to get what you paid out of it. There are thousands of usgi cmp garands flooding the market and most people see the cast receiver Springfield Inc guns as less desirable.

To get close to 1000 dollars for a one of Springfield Inc. Garands it needs to be like new and have the box and papers with it. These are not really reproductions as they use cast recievers and USGI parts and commercial parts. Replica's would be a better discription. Some collectors like to have one in thier collection when they run out of odd GI Garands but over all the rifle at a local show will not bring the same money it cost new if the buyer knows what it is. Now that said you just never know. You may find that one hard core collector that has to have a replica and then it's between him and his wallet as far as you can get for it.

Last one I handled was a Italian made BMP rec. Made on OUR machinery under NON wartime production. outstanding finished product. Better than wht was produced in the US.

Berta (BMB) and P. Berretta (PB) both made M1's for the Italian Army and foreign sales. Both are known to be very high quality and I even had Hook Boultin tell me the Italian receivers are better than most US GI receivers. He thinks the Italian Quality control was better, he said after the Carcano that the Italians must have learned something about how important a good rifle was.
I have a Santa Fei M1 from the 1980's built on a Berta receiver. Very good rifle and I would not turn my noise up on a good rifle with an Italian receiver.

I have an SAI NM Garand that I bought back in the early '80's. I think that I paid around $6-700 for back then. NM barrel and sights. I shot DCM matches with it for a few years before going to a SAI Supermatch M1A. It's a real tack driver and never had any kind of malfunction with it.

I've since picked up several other Garands from the CMP and private sellers, but wouldn't dream of selling the SAI rifle.