• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Request to share fitment info: Alumina Flip Scope Covers and non-Leupold scopes

carbonbased

💥💥💥💥
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota
So, I like Leupold's Alumina scope covers. They came with a VX-6HD I own. But, I have some Vortex scopes too. Thinking about Aadmount, but I really like the low-profile Aluminas.

I figured I'd see if we could gather info on which Alumina covers fit which non-Leupold scopes.

After a nice call to Vortex, the friendly lady emailed me the specs for a few scopes.

Here are the diameter and thread pitch for the scopes:
Razor Gen II 4.5-27 (I own this) M62x0.75-6H Objective and 39.5x0.75 Ocular
Diamondback Tactical 6-24 (I own this) M52.5x0.75 Objective
AMG (I do not own this) M57.5x0.75 Objective

And here is a link to the list of Leupold's range of Alumina covers: https://cdnp.leupold.com/products/productDownloads/scope-accessory-chart.pdf?mtime=20190722071456. You can see they don't mention the mm size or thread pitch. This complicates things, as two 56mm objectives, made by two different companies, may not have the same I.D. of the metal objective tube into which the Alumina cover screws into.

So, if anybody knows which Alumina fits which scope (objective or eyepiece, aka ocular), list away. I plan on asking Leupold to provide specs for each of their Alumina models. It's weird that they don't.

By searching, I have found:
And by trying things, I know that the eyepiece 117611 that fits the VX-6HD 4-24x52 is a hair too small for the Razor Gen II 4.5-27's eyepiece. I will try out some other combos later.

Last edited:
Interesting, my favorite caps. If a cross reference could be found that would be fantastic.

Anyone happen to know if any of these fit on the 5x25 pst gen 2?

Looking for a style that threads in like leupolds or pushes in as my vortex defenders contact the barrel on my new set up and hoping to have something to protect the scope for hunting

I know the 59050 will NOT fit Arken 4-16 EP4 objective. I tried in Sportsman’s.

Anyone happen to know if any of these fit on the 5x25 pst gen 2?

Looking for a style that threads in like leupolds or pushes in as my vortex defenders contact the barrel on my new set up and hoping to have something to protect the scope for hunting
Just cut a thin section out where it touches the barrel. I’ve don’t that on a muzzle loader before because my rings were so low.