• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Resulta Odessa FV200yd F-Class Dec. 20th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We had but 3 guns today. Everyone else must still be "shopping"....right?
wink.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-T/R </span>

Sled 165-6V

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

STP 190-12V

JdaSr. --- Scope issue
frown.gif

It was a bit chilly with nice bright sunshine for the first relay. Second relay saw plenty of cloud cover and brisk wind. In all, do-able with typical winter clothes on.

Sled had a new stock <span style="font-style: italic">AND </span>a new scope! He may provide details...?

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Resulta Odessa FV200yd F-Class Dec. 20th

Hernia surgery on Friday. I can't even look at the rifle case with out flinching. Sorry I missed it.

Fuzzytek - hope you feel better soon! Doesn't sound like a pleasant thing to go thru.

Yep, stock is a B&C Medalist Varmint/Tactical with CDI bottom metal. Scope is a Vortex Razor HD. Scope is awesome compared to anything I've ever owned. That's not a big group for comparison, but it was a huge step up for me.

Stock needs some bedding work. A quick test with some warm silicone (oozes nicely) in the blocks then setting the action in and torquing it down reveals that the action is haning on the one side of the stock badly and barely making any contact with the rear block at all. At minimum, it needs some sanding before shooting. But, since the recoil lug is in free air when the action screws are lined up with the holes, I think bedding the lug before long is a good thing too.

Fun day! Especially with new toys. I just hope I can blame my score on the bedding issues by doing better after bedding.

Thanks again, Scott!

I'm working on it. thanks. I'm really interested in your new set up. It sounds similar to what I was going to do with the rem 700.

I never realized how akward the HS precision stock was in my hand till I used Scott's the other week when my scope was down. It was amazing how much better it felt. That was the beginning of the end....

The exterior dimensions seem to be the same for the Rem and the Sav stocks. If I miss a match, I'm sure Scott would let you see how his stock feels for you. It's all personal fit/feel, so try before you buy if you can.

I went with the Razor because I wanted more then 4-16 power but got sticker shock at the 5-25 power scopes. So far, I'm happy with it. Obviously, I need to use it more to really know but it is off to a good start.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. Snowmobile season starts up soon (I hope), but if we both make the same match you are welcome to check it out and see if you like it.

Your targets showed the evidence of what you just described.

The stock and scope upgrades will pay off in spades when you get the stock bedded to the reciever. Hope my post-match suggestions were helpful.
blush.gif

Scott

Yep, it all makes sense. Your comments were very helpful. Epoxying your action to your stock for the first time takes quite some nerve! (I imagine my stomach will be in knots till it's time to pop it apart.) But, you've taken some of the mystery out of it, and it will get done this winter!

Steve

glad to hear that you found the problem
it's a easy fix, just use a lot of release agent, even on places you dont think epoxy can possibly get to
i like clear shoe polish for release agent
and what you dont use release agent on, cover with masking tape

Please, could you tell me the size of the "10" ring of your targets?

The highest score value is 5. That bull diameter is 2 inches.

The center bull is a "V" and is 1 inch diameter.

Our target is patterned after the earlier military target. Highest to lowest value is V-5-4-3-2

HTH?