• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results- Odessa FV 200yd F-Class July 19th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We had a great day on the range again...

Here are the results.

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-T/R </span>

Philipp- 182-8V (308 Win)

Hank- 172-7V (223 Rem)

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

STP- 198-21V (6BRX)

Dan S. 195-17V (6BRX)

JDA Sr.- 194-12V (6BRX)

Greg- 185-13V (223 Rem)

Tim- Incomplete (260 Rem)

It was mostly cloudy with a moderate breeze from the NW. We ran a bit long today...there were plenty of new friends that showed today just to have a look see, as it were. I think we may have 4 more folks next month to shoot with us. All seemed to like what they saw, match-wise.

Two new shooters elected to take advantage of my offer to use my loaner guns. (See the F-T/R scores above.) Maybe they will chime in with there thoughts...???

I`d like to see some follow-up comments from today`s "visitors", simply because I think there are more folks lurking that are within easy driving distance to our matches. We have Schuyler, Tompkins, Tioga, Chemung, Yates, and Schuyler pretty much covered. But we`d like to see a few more. K?
wink.gif

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Results- Odessa FV 200yd F-Class July 19th

Damn you STP
eek.gif

I just can't bring myself to switch from the bi-pod to a rest.

Danny used to say " that's cheatin' - it's nothing but belly bench rest " so I just can't do it.

The 15th just marked four years since his passing - RIP Danny - I miss you every day.

Thank you Scott for giving us an opportunity to keep the venue alive.

Dan

nothing wrong with a 195- 17v, beat my score, and i use a front rest
scott is chasing that illusive 200. he was awful close today
wish he would hurry up and get it and take the pressure off the rest of us. sure hope he gets it and beats the 25 v count also
hurrah for the 6mm brx

Scott, I replied with Greg on your other post hours ago! You must of been cleaning those loaners.... I had a great time and will be shooting @ the next one. Just came up from the gun room trying to decide which bang stick to use...I think the little .223 rem. has the nod as I use it for all my varmint blasting and it likes to shoot. I will be in touch with the PD I mentioned at the match to see if they want to expand their training to include shooting a few matches.

I hope to make the trip from Broome County on Aug 1.

One question - my bodily funtions are pretty strictly regulated by my stomach. I'm guessing I should pack something for lunch? If I don't eat, I get the shakes and a headache. Doesn't help with shooting.

sled,

The clubhouse fridge is available for all that need it. So yes, bring something if you wish.

Scott

Good to meet some fellow shooters and find a new place to shoot. Not exactly sure F-class will be my cuppa, but I will definitely give a match a go next time it fits my schedule (presuming Scott is still generous enough to loan his rifle)...

I typically have something to loan out. Do you have a preference?
wink.gif

Scott, Hoping to have some local PD snipers at your next match. The team leader sounded very excited about it and was trying to get the training officer to make it a training day. I'm giving them some help in long range shooting at unknown distance on Sat. in my top secret 1800 yrd long hay field. Will know more about it after that.

My Scouts will be running the kitchen at the Watkins Glen PT Cruiser show/event this Saturday, so I know where <span style="font-style: italic">I'll</span> be that day...

Looking eagerly forward to our next match.

Greg

Thanks again from one of the new guys who showed up with no notice and was generously loaned an accurate rifle and ammo. Deeply appreciated.

Any and all folks in the area who are thinking about coming up--these guys'll make it worth your while. Learned more about precision shooting in two hours than I have in the past several years...

Scotty runs a great match. Period.

Doesn't look like the LEO'S I mentioned will be participating. They stood me up again after calling and asking for help and I got permission for them to shoot out to 800 yrds in my friends field. This is the second time they did this to me..Piss on them, they can find free experience and knowledge somewhere else. Not to mention the targets I printed and the full size steel targets I made at work for the occasion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ungrateful bastards!
smirk.gif
Odessa will gladly take that steel off your hands.
wink.gif

Don </div></div>

I will be keeping the full size steel to shoot my .338LM at, but I will be bringing (3) 1 in.thick gongs to replace those at the range. You will need some chains to hang them with.

Wow; much thanks, I'll look for some chain. Recommend any other hardware to complete the ensemble?

These are flange covers for big steam valves.
they have holes around the perimeter that you can put a bolt through to fasten the chain. As they are an inch thick you will probably need a min. of a 2 in. bolt. I would say...6-1/2 x2 bolts
6-1/2 nuts
12 large washers
Chain
I'll see what I can dig up in my garage for the job.

Just printed some more of the targets you used at the last match. I took one with me for practice. Printed about 50 on good heavy paper...It pays to be the boss! I'll bring them to the match in case there is a huge influx of new shooters!!

Let me know before Friday what hardware I need to scrounge up.

Be aware that target design is still evolving. Right now, I'm not certain what Scotty wants to do with current/previous (yes, there is yet another new one) designs, but I'm certain there will be some use, somewhere, for what you've printed, and I am grateful, for one.