• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results- Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Sept. 5th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We had a record turnout for us today! We got to meet 4 new shooters...two from here at the Hide, and two from my constant promoting from where I work in Ithaca.
(You know Ithaca?..."10 square miles surrounded by Reality")
laugh.gif

Anyhoo, here are todays scores. And once again, they are dominated by F-T/R guns.

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

Rob 194-15V Savage 6BR
STP 192-16V Savage 6BRX
JDA Sr 186-14V Rem 6BRX
David 185-14V Savage 260 Rem.
Woody 182-8V Rem 300 Win.
Greg 153-8V Savage 260 Rem.

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-T/R </span>

USSR 195-17V 308W
Curt 194-14V 308W
KMussack 192-15V 308W
Doug 189-19V 308W
sled 187-11V 308W
Dan 185-9V 308W
Todd 184-15V 308W
Kasumi 183-10V 308W
Geoff 176-8V 223 Rem.
**** No score turned in

We fired 3 relays and fired 20 rounds only for each 30 minute segement to allow the barrels to cool down. Hopefully, the wait to shoot was tolerable for the second and third relays. We want to move things as quickly as possible but not cause harm to our guns. Again, these matches are for training to introduce the new shooters to F-Class. Our effort today seemed to pay off in spades. The Top score in Open class was fired by a new shooter, using a McGowen barreled Savage in the standard 6BR. Fine shooting indeed!

For those that shot with us today I thank you very much. Please post up and tell me that you all got home safe and sound. Your comments are welcomed.

Oh yea, fine shooting today USSR!!!
wink.gif

Scott

Re: Results- Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Sept. 5th

It was a good shoot today. After some delays and missing some prior matches I am glad I finally made it. I wasn't set-up before hand, dialed for dope on my new handloads and took waaaaaay to many to get zeroed but it finally panned out.

I'll be out of state for the next shoot but with any hope I will make the October shoot.

Great to meet you all and finally put faces to names. Hopefully my brake wasn't to painfull, I stayed on lane 6 to try and keep clear. See you next time.

Todd

What a great day in Odessa. Thanks to all the Odessa Club gang for once again hosting the match. I hope Greg passed all the Ferrari's at the Glen !

Falconer (Doug)

Once again an awsome time. Nicely done Don ;), and thanks for spotting for me on my relay. Everyone helping others in the match, great folks and growing in shooters each time.

Curt

Another great day! Thanks again to Scott and Greg for a great match.

Some practice and some good advice before the match allowed me a remarkable rebound from last time. Needless to say, I suprised myself. I have a few things to work on for next time, but I am quite happy with todays results. Thanks to Curt and Scott for the tips and help!

Well; obviously I'm doing it wrong. No matter, there's that next time. I had a crummy (in truth, positively gruesome...) target but a fabulous day. Now that I know all the wrong things to do (well, at least the two main wrong things, thanks to Scotty's latter critique), there's hope for improvement, and the only way left to me to go is up.

I come for the smiles, and I could not have asked for better.

My personal thanks, and those of the Club, to all who made the trek on the Labor Day weekend; and for those who had other commitments for this weekend, I sincely wish you a great time.

Greg

PS ...and Scotty, I prefer to call it the Ithaca Tribal Zone...

USSR & Curt at 195 & 194 ! Very nice shooting, gentleman. Rob at 194 in open ("new shooter", are you kidding me !)- well done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falconer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USSR & Curt at 195 & 194 ! Very nice shooting, gentleman. Rob at 194 in open ("new shooter", are you kidding me !)- well done. </div></div>

Hey Doug; If we went by high V score you won the match, 19V you improved your score by at least 10-12 pts plus doubled previous V scores, this is what its all about.

I got off to a great start, dropped 4 in thr first relay, it was all downhill after that. Not sure what happened but I got some imput to think about, had great time.

my Gun-Fu was weak this weekend, I'll be back.............

A coupla 333's played tag for an hour or two until one blew an engine.

The BB512 Boxer with the NART markings was across the garage lane from us all Weekend.

We were set up in garage bay #1, sharing it with the FCA Tech Inspectors.

A couple with black American Express cards were haggling with my Buddy who runs the driver safety equipment concession over a $12 stopwatch for the better part of an hour.

Meanwhile, another couple of the competitor teams Classic Coach, and Ferrari (and Maserati) of Central Florida, joined up and set up a bistro/buffet, complete with about 1000sq feet of awnings, tables, and chairs, in the shade of a pair of semi's; and served lunch/supper for all comers the whole weekend, gratis.

Some of these 'amateur' operations are extremely professional, complete with semi's containing NASCAR-like shops and full time mechanics from their dealership service departments.

All kinds, Brothers..., all kinds...

Very slow weekend; a couple of suits, a couple of helmets, not much more...

Greg

Thanks for the track report from Watkins Glen, Greg. When a Ferrari blows up, that's an expensive outing. My sister & her husband will be at the Glen this coming weekend (Vintage Car Festival) racing the old Mini Cooper "S"/MGA with the MGCC gang.

Kasumi: may the "fu" be with you..............

I will too.

The VAS Tent, across the street from the Pyramid, will be my Buddy Victor's vendor site.

I don't plan on being there at the tent full time, just Thursday for setup, and Sunday for takedown. Victor will have his Son John-Paul and Daughter Victoria doing the sales assistance there, this time.

He's been venturing opinions about this being his last year, he's in his early 70's. It's tough on me and tougher on him.

I'll be roaming the infield with family and friends.

Greg

Re: POI shift

I would be very interested in getting more feedback on what has impacted my shooting for at least three matches; here is the senario; for the most part it happens on the last string of 10 rounds. My POI shifts 1.5 inches above V ring, still a nice tight group all shifted up, no left/right change at all. I have on 3 occasions dropped 6-8pts on this last string. Am I losing my NPA or is it breathing, trigger pull? Thanks for any help with this.

oh yea...a little more info, I opened a different lot# of FGMM for the last 10rds, I also rebuilt my prone position as I was having trouble. Overall this has troubled me for 3 matches though so its something that pops up frequently.

Kasumi,

Definitely the change in ammo Lot #.
wink.gif
I've got a box of Lot #633 that I was saving for Camp Perry, but will sell to you for $50, only because your a friend.
smirk.gif

Don

Great shooting everyone! Sorry I missed the match, but went on a road trip to Conn. to spend the weekend with my old Sniper Pard. Had a great time going over old times and got to eat some great Italian cooking. Hope to make the next one!

K;

If you don't know, maybe that's part of the problem.

Shot prep and shot followup should involve some kind of a mental checklist to resolve such questions.

For me, the prep constitutes a go/no-go final shot prerelease check, and followup involves a conscious effort to recall how things actually went. This is where the 'call' and the consequences will have their most relevance. Knowing that the human needs were met, combined with the call and the actual POI outcome, will allow you to know, rather than wonder. If you can be sure that your own performance was correct, that eliminates a key element from the process of diagnosis.

I try to do this all in my head, and that's probably a mistake, it really should be recorded for future reference. I used to, but I ended up getting buried in notes and it all became somewhat of a distraction. I think there needs to be a happy medium with this.

My own problems of this week had nothing to do with equipment, they were all directly related to a bad attitude and basically flipping off my own approach. In other words, the marksmanship was out to lunch. I need to resolve a rest adapter block width mismatch (it had been custom matched to the width of a narrower forend. I should have resolved this before the match, but I skipped it, and ended up having to rest the rifle out at the far end of the forend. This was a fatal mistake.), concentrate on resetting the rifle after each shot, and concentrate on my giveadamn and trigger manipulation; both were in a seriously deficient state.

In your situation, an ammo change and and the appearance of a POI shift would definitely seem like a heck of a coincidence, odds are they are related. More than that, it may be premature to say.

Breathing, trigger manipulation; yes, these and all the other basics will come into play. Again, shot prep and followup are key to determining what role they play in the issue at hand.

S-one, yepyep, you were missed...

Greg

Greg; Thanks for the input, I will give more thought to shot prep, and follow through. I will also prepare better and have a single lot# of ammo for a match. Take that variable out the total shot equation. See you all on 10/3