• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results Odessa FV200yd F-Class Aug. 22nd

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
As forecast, we had copious amounts of liquid sunshine today.

Utilizing our weatherized targets, the four of us managed to post respectable scores in less than favorable conditions.

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

STP 195-21V

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-T/R </span>

Tom 195-19V
Sled 190-13V
Chris 189-15V
Christian 183-10

Naturally when we finished and retired to the dry clubhouse to score targets, the rain stopped and Mr. Sun was attempting to break out. Figures...
wink.gif

Scott

Re: Results Odessa FV200yd F-Class Aug. 22nd

Maybe my gun likes the rainy weather? I think the changes to LOP and the trigger have made a big difference for me. Even with the rain, I was quite happy! My best showing for the year.

Thanks for coming out and running the show despite the weather. I know I had a good time anyway.

It was a good training day. The rain kept the barrels cool!

Sled, It was good to see the smile on your face after the match. Those little changes made a big difference.

See you all at the Springwater match.

Thanks Scott for the match. Nice shooting sled. Hope to see you at the next match Christian.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JDA Sr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice scores, you must have all been shooting 30 calibers</div></div>

We had a well rounded caliber selection...2-.223's, 1-6mm, 2-.30's. It was very tough scoring as some of the targets got wet and the ink ran. We missed you John...

Kudos to our Stalwart Duckmen!

I could cite excuses, but truth is, I hate shooting in the rain and wind. This time, when Celia said to stay home, she didn't have to say it twice.

My hopes are to get some good weather sometime in the next two weeks and get these rimfire targets, etc., tested out in time for the next go-round.

Greg

Tom,

The whole point of these matches, for me anyway, is to learn about myself and my equipment. Two weeks ago I learned somethings about my equipment and made some changes. Those changes seemed to work out well. Yesterday, I learned a few things about myself, too. Maybe now I can start working on trimming down those groups. So much more to be learned....

I forgot that my Dad's birthday is the end of next week. I'll have to see when he wants to get together for his birthday. Either way, it's going to impact a match I'm guessing. I'll try to get that squared away soon.

What time does Springwater start, and how long to get there?

I was all ready to leave for the match on Sunday morning when a cloudburst let go here and changed my mind
getting soft in my old age

What day is the Springwater shoot?

JDA; I was thinking about just showing up anyway until I got up and looked outside.

I now have a new rule. If I need rain gear, I need to stay home. Combine an impaired immune system with significantly diminished cardiopulmonary capacity and the answer becomes clear. One takes no chances with the possibility of contracting pnemonia.

Weather report so far for Sunday’s Springwater match is low to mid 80’s with plenty of sunshine.
Scott is the next Odessa match Sept 4th ?

Well, if it ain't one thing it's another....

Wife goes out in the garage this morning to go to work and comes back in to say "I smell gas or diesel". Yep, diesel. I've got a second fuel filter mounted on the frame rail. The rubber hose to the filter goes over the original steel fuel line that was cut. Sure enough, fuel is coming out from between the hose and the line. Putting another clamp on only slowed the leak. Not even close to stopping it.

If I can't get it fixed before the weekend (and I don't want to take it to a dealer, they will just replace the whole line set), I'll be ripping and tearing at this on Sat.

Tom, I'll keep you posted about Sunday. I'm free, other than truck problems.

Truck is up and running!

Tom, I'll see you Sunday morning at the park & ride. No birthday committments this weekend, but that may preclude me from the match the following weekend. We'll see how that goes.

You guy enjoy the Springwater expedition. I'll (try to) see y'all on the 4th.