• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results with Hornady 75gr

UIUCPPQ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2012
Can anyone tell me results they've gotten from Hornady match 75gr ammo out of their ARs? I have a 1:8 twist and I'm well aware that each rifle is different, but I am looking for different peoples results at different distances if possible.

Thanks

Re: Results with Hornady 75gr

I haven't shot the loaded factory ammo but I've had great results with Hornady's 75 gr BTHPs in 1:7, 1:8, and 1:9 twist ARs. I don't buy 1:9 twist ARs anymore but when I did the 75 gr Hornady was always the heaviest bullet I could get to shoot well.

I've shot some NRA Service Rifle matches with 75 gr Hornadys and 24 grs of RE-15, my scores were no different than when I used 77 or 69 gr SMKs. A lot of guys shooting Service Rifle are shooting the Hornady bullet these days, they are accurate and cheaper than the Sierras.

I don't shoot in matches but I ended up with 500 rounds of some Hornady 75 bthp tightest group was .6 of an inch on my 1:7 Daniel Defense at 100 yards 5 shots.

I reload my RRA Predator Pursuit (1:8 tw 20") with 75gr HPBT at mag length. Shoots just under 1 MOA consistantly for me out to 500 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vlcruz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reload my RRA Predator Pursuit (1:8 tw 20") with 75gr HPBT at mag length. Shoots just under 1 MOA consistantly for me out to 500 yards. </div></div>

I have a predator pursuit also and was wondering if you would share your load data. I am waiting on a press as of right now. Soon as I get it I am out to buy the powder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vlcruz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reload my RRA Predator Pursuit (1:8 tw 20") with 75gr HPBT at mag length. Shoots just under 1 MOA consistantly for me out to 500 yards. </div></div>

I'm getting the same results with my Douglas 18" 1/8 spr barrel. 24.3gr AA2520 75 HDY HPBT seated to mag length.

I have not shot the hornady 75gr yet, however the wolf 75 match hp printed 5 shot groups at 3/4" at 100 yards out of a 1 in 8 free floated varmet AR I built with M/A parts barrel (stainless steel).
75 and 1/8 go great together.

I have a 1:7 twist A&A and my best group was .3in for 5 shots at 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyugo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 1:7 twist A&A and my best group was .3in for 5 shots at 100 yards.</div></div>

That is STELLAR!

Thanks for the updates everyone, sounds like these bullets are good to go!

You will have to PM my buddy Fastex500 for load data but he reloads them and they shot great to 620 yards. Very,very accurate out of his SPR. I was really surprised how easy it was to engage a 2/3 Larue style target at that distance. Wind was about gusts 7-9 at random.