• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticle Choice

kiltiecoldbum

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2014
All,

I like and use Schmidt & Bender Scopes. I shoot tactical matches (PRS) and I have difficulty with my PMII P4 Fein reticle in holding for wind and making corrections.

I would like to switch to a different reticle in the hope it will help with the shortcomings I have using the P4 Fein.

I was impressed with the instructional video I saw in YouTube on the Horus Tremor 3. I'm also interested in S&B's Grid reticle and I wish there was a similar instructional video on that reticle.

There isn't a dealer near where I live where I can "try before I buy"

Would the group be willing to share their option on "Christmas Tree" reticles relative to tactical shooting Preferable those who have used Tremor 3 and/or Grid reticles. I will welcome the suggestions - has to be a reticle that S&B has.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I like the grid reticle more than the Horus T3
The grid doesn’t really need and introduction or learning period, that’s the beauty of it!
It’s just mils.

The Horus tremor 3 has its place but has way too many gidgets that I don’t need or want or would ever use.
why pay a premium for stuff I don’t want or will never use?

I am new to shooting and would also like to hear some opinions on tree reticles. I see that S&B has a lot of reticles that are basic crosses with a couple other features. My question is — using those basic reticles (something like a mil dot). Wouldn’t you have to dial in your elevation for each change in distance before holding for wind? If that’s the case why would anyone get a basic reticle over a tree.

Gen2xr is a great reticle, does a lot without a lot extra. The Tremor3 is good, but if your not going to hold for both elevation and wind, it's a waste. I have not played with the GRID, but it looks solid.

How much are you planing on holding over / holding off? If it is only when "required" by on the stage, I wouldn't get too in the weeds. I dial on almost every shot I can, some guys almost always hold.