• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticle Visibility

Rynham9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Enid, OK
Looking for a scope as clear and crisp as my Nightforce with a more visible reticle. NF is great when illuminated but faint at other times. Don't get me wrong I have 2 but was wondering what might be equivalent in clarity and price but have a more distinct reticle. Any suggestions? Thank you

Standard Mil-dot reticles, especially Leupold's, seem to really stand out to me. Maybe take a look at a Mk 6. I've got a Leupy mil-dot and it is very bold; pretty much as visible as a german #4 to my eye.

Which reticle are you using?

I really like the MLR 2.0, however for my needs I find the standard mlr and the npr1 are way to thin ( especially in a 3-15x).

Both are 5.5x22x50 with a NP1 and NPR2. I got the NP1 first and put Kenton knobs in it. Had it at a local dealership used and could not pass up a good deal. NPR2 came on a rifle that I bought already built. It made shooting distance easier without having to dial. Wanting something for a P308 now. Thanks.