• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Retired Marine Scout Sniper New Member Intro

Chris 8541

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2018
Hello everyone, new member here. Served in the Marines from 1995-2013, was a Scout Sniper with 1/1 from 2000-2004. Just getting back into shooting after a few years out. Working on building an M40A1 right now. Remington 700 SA .308 under the bed, waiting for McMillan HTG to arrive. Some things are just in your blood forever I guess.

Also, my company is developing a replica scope to complete my build. Hope to be in full production by the end of the year. PM me for a link to the survey if interested, as it will be available to the general public.

S/F

Chris

Yut. I was 96-2010. FAST 2. 3/4 STA 1/24 STA. Def alot of stuff to relearn . Your company making a replica Unertl ?

C. Renz,

It will be a new version of the original M40A1 scope (better glass, better engineered internals, etc.). Overall appearance and function will remain the same. We have created a survey to gauge the interest of the end user in any possible deviations from the original design. With the info obtained so far, it appears most people would like to see it remain unchanged, with the exception that most would like to see 1/4 minute adjustments vs. the original 1/2 minute adjustments on the windage and fine tune.

If you would like to provide input, please follow the link to the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VD95D92

Also, thank you for your service. Funny how we (Hogs) tend to follow the same trajectories. I was also the platoon sergeant for RTT, Bangor, Washington 2010-2013, and had a few buddies that ended up in FAST.

S/F

Chris