• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Revic or Swarovski ds2

stoker150

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2009
Hi troops. As the title says. Which one would you recommend the Revic or the Swarovski. I'm in Scotland so the Revic after tax and shipping comes in well over there he Swarovski.

I HAD the Revic. I have watched the Swarovski in use by a hunting buddy at the shooting range and it was impressive. Not much help but I would go Swarovski.

What type of shooting are you doing? The Revic is FFP and the Swaro is SFP, correct? Feature sets should really drive your choices and just let the numbers decide…

Swarovski ownes Kahles, have you looked into any of those? They are just as solid scopes, with excellent glass and lens coatings. They are more tactical (FFP, exposed turrets, more tactical reticles), but around the same weight as the Swaro DS, but noticeably cheaper in price (not sure if that matters?). The SKMR reticle would be more optimal for hunting, but the SKMR4 would be better for targets. Personally, I run a SKMR3 in my K318i on my main hunting rifle. I don't mind the christmas tree style, as I'm very used to it, but some might find it a bit too "busy" in a mostly hunting environment. That's why I linked both.

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 11.38.20 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: dirtytough
Typically for hunting the smaller lighter scope wins out. In this case the Swaro is neither and gen 2 not available currently. The Revic can be had both ffp and sfp if I’m not mistaken. Also the Swaro limits you to 1120 yards and the Revic does not have this limitation. Glass will certainly be better in the Swaro but it looks substantially more expensive.

The Gen 2 dS Swarovski is currently available. It is very similar to the gen1 functionality.It has a electronic internal level and a choice of display and holdover varieties.The ballistic solutions are FFP while the standard reticle is SFP. It is very fast to use. The only downside I find is weight and price.

Those are hard to compare. One has a built in rangefinder that directly gives you your firing solution, the other one is just showing you the distance you dial. The Ds might be heavier but you are saving the weight by not needing an additional rangefinder.
But I only have second hand experience with both, so can't recommend one over the other, probably depends on the distances you are going to be shooting.

Since Kahles brought out the K525i models, the price on the K624i scopes have dropped a bit. I've had K624i scopes on three of my Bighorn comp rifles for several years, and am still well satisfied with them. They aren't as compact as the K525i, but have great DOF - I usually set the parallax at 600 and forget it, even when shooting in matches with targets from 300-1400yds.

Swarovski ownes Kahles, have you looked into any of those? They are just as solid scopes, with excellent glass and lens coatings. They are more tactical (FFP, exposed turrets, more tactical reticles), but around the same weight as the Swaro DS, but noticeably cheaper in price (not sure if that matters?). The SKMR reticle would be more optimal for hunting, but the SKMR4 would be better for targets. Personally, I run a SKMR3 in my K318i on my main hunting rifle. I don't mind the christmas tree style, as I'm very used to it, but some might find it a bit too "busy" in a mostly hunting environment. That's why I linked both.

View attachment 8126223

Since Kahles brought out the K525i models, the price on the K624i scopes have dropped a bit. I've had K624i scopes on three of my Bighorn comp rifles for several years, and am still well satisfied with them. They aren't as compact as the K525i, but have great DOF - I usually set the parallax at 600 and forget it, even when shooting in matches with targets from 300-1400yds.
Please read OP and respond with information he is actually asking for. Its great that you have a tactical scope and love it, he is asking about hunting scopes with built in electronics packages. How does your recommendation apply?

I don't see any mention of electronic equipped scopes, and in fact, when asked what his needs were, he replied "hunting and some LR targets". And I read through the entire thread before posting my reply, so what's your beef?

Reactions: FuhQ
I don't see any mention of electronic equipped scopes, and in fact, when asked what his needs were, he replied "hunting and some LR targets". And I read through the entire thread before posting my reply, so what's your beef?
What part of your post addresses what the OP was asking? OP asked about 2 specific scopes, neither option was Kahles. Are you familiar with the Revic or Swarovski DS? Why would you consider the Kahles similar to the Revic and Swaro?

No beef, it just seems if you want to post in the thread, at least make an attempt to address the OP in some fashion. If you want to fanboy for your Kahles you could start your own thread saying how amazing it is.

Reactions: dirtytough
I have 2 Revics (moa and mil) and a Burris veracity PH ( all similiar , turrets tracked by internal ballistic computer, shooter supplies range input).
Ive had burris elim 3, 4 and test drove the Swarovski (all similiar, internal LRF inputs range and the target holdover indicated on vertical crosshairs via led)
for your purposes, either Revic or Swarovski will work. I ended up preferring Revic as I found the Swarovski LED target indicator to be too course for my purposes ( varmint shooting). It obscured small targets at extended ranges.
For big game, IMHO, the Swarovski was quite satisfactory.