• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Revic scope

No experience with Revic. If you are referring to the PMR428, Frank did a review with his initial impressions of the PMR 428

Revic review

Surprisingly they weigh the same as a Razor HD II, which is pig heavy at 50 ounces. But not more, which is amazing given all the extra electronics. Similar glass to the Razor.

I think the whole HUD and ballistics computer in the scope is what is being questioned still. Another guy did a great review on it that was very in depth and came to an interesting conclusion.

I wish they would just do a digital readout of E+W in the sight picture and forget the silly ballistics integration stuff. I think the next generation of scopes would benefit from a very electronics light approach.

I’m guessing they could sell well if they had a decent mil reticle.

Their current offering is... well I’ll just stop here.

Reactions: Discogodfather
I’m guessing they could sell well if they had a decent mil reticle.

Their current offering is... well I’ll just stop here.

Yeah, they dropped the ball big time with the mil reticle, called the RX1. Counter sniper level of silly. Their MOA reticle was fine, lacked smaller holds but it was clean and simple.

RX1-MIL-Reticle-28X-1000x1000.jpg

Sorry guys. The new reticle is my fault.

I requested the two runway style markers so that I could flop my cock out and get it on target easier. Whip it out, lever it into place with the crowbar or winch, and go to town.

I can finally hit that 10” round plate with it at 100m on the first shot.

This shit up top is for satellites. Put the two solar panels on the lines and fire. On 28 power, anti-satellite work becomes a piece of cake. With white frosting.

Unfortunately, my local range has asked me to stop shooting it there, as I was leaving holes in the 1/2” AR500 steel.

It did make my love life a bit strange - GF asked if that was a Revic in my pocket or if I was happy to see her.

I handled it at SHOT the at 2 years. Excellent glass since its pretty much a Razor with a computer built in. The pricing isn't too bad considering. Unlike the Swaro if the computer goes down you still have turrets. Pretty neat idea.

I have about 10 of them and love them! No issues at all with any of them.

I’ve wanted one of these for quite some time now, but I’ve always held off because it wasn’t available in mils. Now they release a mil version that looks like they had a clown design the reticle.
I’ve been thinking though, that if I’m primarily only using the computer portion of the scope, does mil/moa matter? There would be no need to count or even look at your clicks. It all shows up on screen. The only downfall would be if the battery or the internal computer goes down, then you’d be running moa.
Is my assumption correct?

Yessir. That is correct. AND you have to spot misses still so if you have a mil shooting group and mil spotters it’s bad to be moa.

In all honesty I will likely try their new reticle in person. It’s probably fine in truth.

I’ve wanted one of these for quite some time now, but I’ve always held off because it wasn’t available in mils. Now they release a mil version that looks like they had a clown design the reticle.
I’ve been thinking though, that if I’m primarily only using the computer portion of the scope, does mil/moa matter? There would be no need to count or even look at your clicks. It all shows up on screen. The only downfall would be if the battery or the internal computer goes down, then you’d be running moa.
Is my assumption correct?

I have the moa version (couldn’t wait for mil to come out). I have been very happy with the scope. It tracks well with 4DOF and has me on steel to 900 yards... haven’t shot farther yet. The updated firmware and app are great. The cant indicator is improved, you can calibrate the turret and calibrating the magnetometer is much easier than previously. The app has doppler data that can be used in place of G1 or G7 BC for some bullets and has a feature like the axial form factor adjustment in 4 DOF. I hope they add more bullets to that library. I don’t shoot competition so have no educated opinion on the mil reticle, but I think I could work with it. I have gotten good support from the guys at Revic when I had questions.

I have the MOA/MOA RT1 and the MIL/MIL RX1, both are great optics. If you want more "simplicity" the RT1 is the more traditional numbered crosshair. If you're not afraid of a busier reticle the RX1 might be your go to. I actually prefer the RX1 because the crosshairs don't intersect and there is a floating dot for easier hold.