• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review: Atlas TRG Bracket

DamnYuppie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
Idaho
So after much pleading the Atlas TRG Bracket was finally released.

I placed my order for one the first day they were out and I received mine yesterday. So here is my brief write up on it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mounting:</span>
Despite the numerous and detailed instructions for getting it mounted I found the process to be pretty painless, mostly. My only issue was I was unable to remove one of my barrelled action screws. As such I was unable to get the barrelled action off of my rifle. Regardless I was still able to get the spigot installed without too much difficulty. Overall with the appropriate tools it takes less then 15 minutes to get mounted. As a note keep track of the barrelled action screws, they are not all the same size so I would lay them out in order when you take them off!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Shooting With It:</span>
The biggest change shooting with the adapter is that rifle sits <span style="font-weight: bold">way</span> lower. I would say it would be comparable to running the bipod under the rifle with the legs notched at 60 degrees. So if you like being lower to the ground, which I do, then this is a plus. Given that this rides so much lower I don't think that the inability to move the legs reward to their lowest position really matters. If you wanted them that low you would pretty much be laying the rifle on the ground anyways.

Another thing I noticed is that my reticle moved much less during recoil. I can't state why, or if in fact this had anything to do with using the spigot, but it was noticeable. Maybe I sucked less at shooting today, maybe having the bipod farther out increased my stability, whatever it was I want more of it!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Wrap Up:</span>
Overall it is a quality piece of kit and am glad I got it. If you have a big gut or like to be further from the ground while in prone this may not be for you. Otherwise if you love your TRG and your Atlas then this is a must buy.

I would post pictures but they all came out like ass so....

Re: Review: Atlas TRG Bracket

Very nice review!

2 friends and I have been running a prototype of this mount for about 9 months or so.

The gun lays MUCH more solidly with the bipod closer to the barrel. Everyone who gets behind it notices it immediately.

It's also nice having the forend uncluttered and smooth for laying over obstacles or on bags of you shoot off a bench.

I cut down a set of leg extensions to put on my bipods to restore to lost height, but you can also just run the bipod on the first or second notch to raise the gun up.

The guys running the AI spigot on thier guns already are aware of these benefits.