• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Review Element optics Nexus 5-20x50 FFP

bhoges

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2003
Plainview,NY
ELEMENT NEXUS 5-20X50

https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...e-scopes/5eb0346f-bcd4-4f1f-93df-d6f5a8428b8a

Doug over at Camerland sent me this new ELEMENT Nexus 5-20x50 FFP/MOA for testing. I had a feeling these scopes would be coming out a few years ago due to rumors at SHOT. I’m a big fan of the FX airguns and was curious to see what they had in store. I own an FX Crown. The NEXUS model is made by Light Optical Works in Japan. If you’re familiar with them, you know they make some of the best optics out there, such as Nightforce and Vortex (Razor).​

For my test rifle I decided to use my Vudoo V22 for 2 reasons. First, it’s insanely accurate and second, I could test tracking out since a 22 requires 27moa to reach out to 200 yards from my 50 yard zero. Due to the weather, I knew I couldn’t get out to my long-range club until later in the year. I mounted the scope using Nightforce rings and used Lapua Midas Plus ammunition.

Once I opened the box the first thing, I noticed was that the scope comes with a foam cover for the outside which is a great addition, yet it didn’t come with lens covers which I find is necessary. My first impression was that they certainly did their homework as the scope has all the features that everyone wants. The clicks are loud and very positive. There’s no backlash or passing a dope due to mushy turrets. The turrets can be reset without a tool. To set the zero, Element supplies an allen key to set the zero stop. The zero stop is simple to set and provides a zero that’s dead on with no under travel. My one complaint is the parallax adjustment is pretty stiff.

After I got my zero and set the turrets, I shot at 50, 100, 150, and 200 yards. Once all those zeros were recorded, I proceeded to test how well the scope would maintain a zero at all 4 distances. Each time, it was dead on. I then went back to my 50-yard target and conducted a tall tracking test up to 38 MOA. Even after my 50-yard zero I had 60.1 MOA to spare. I conducted a box test as well as using 16 MOA square. That, was also spot on. Next trip will be out to 500 yards with the Vudoo. Last fall, I was using an NX8 and got her out to 400 yards! A huge plus with this optic is the fact it has so much travel and can focus very close (10 yards). Anyone who shoots 22 LR or an air gun knows you’ll need a ton of travel adjustment to go out for the extreme long-range shots. So far, I have made 5 trips to the range in various conditions and temperatures and probably have about 500 shots with this optic. These days with the insane ammunition prices and lack of components, I’m sure more of us are shooting smallbore. At the same time, Lapua Midas Plus ain’t cheap! Glad I have a decent supply.

As far as clarity of this scope I was able to see 22 LR bullet holes with no issue at 100 yards. Some have stated the parallax was too critical on this scope. I don’t think it is any different then any other scopes I have tested. I’m not about to compare the Nexus to other scopes. All of that can be very subjective. What I will say, is that I could easily read the writing on a 6 bull 50-meter ISU target. A scope can be clear as day, but if it doesn’t track, clarity does not matter. I didn’t notice any tunneling during testing either. For their first outing I think Element did pretty well. Down the road I hope to see a few more models. (MORE POWER, HINT, HINT!!). Overall, it’s a solid unit that performed well in all areas.

I’m glad I took my time with this review and spent a good amount of time behind the scope. I have been out in every condition. I have also run it side by side with several other scopes. A few shooters at my club also got behind it to let me know what they thought. Most guys haven’t heard of Element optics but that is going to change, I’m sure. This scope does everything you want and the optics are outstanding. I would run this scope next to optics 2x the price. I have and its glass is sharper and has more true colors. Anything I missed or questions, just let me know. The scope market has been exploding the past few years. Gone are the days of only a few choices. Hope this helps a few guys make a choice.

Pros

Easy to reset turrets (no tool reset)

Easy to set the zero stop

Positive clicks

Clear glass

Flawless tracking

Scope cover

Zero tunneling

Cons

Stiff parallax

Reticle could use more markings numbers (none on the windage)

No lens covers

• 30mm Main Body Tube
  • Compact, Lightweight design
  • Illuminated, First Focal Plane Reticle
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminium
  • Side Parallax: 10yds-Infinity
  • Advanced Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with Anti-Fouling Layer
  • Tool-free Resettable Turrets with 10 MRAD / 20 MOA per Revolution
  • Hard Mechanical Zero-Stop
  • Removable Magnification Throw Lever
  • Waterproof, Fog-proof, Shock-proof & Nitrogen Purged
  • Sunshade, Lens Cloth & Neoprene Cover included

MAGNIFICATION RANGE5-20x
TUBE DIAMETER30mm
OBJECTIVE LENS DIAMETER50mm
EXIT PUPIL8-2.5mm
EYE RELIEF77-93mm

FIELD OF VIEW@100yds: 23.3-5.8 ft@100m: 7.8-1.9m
CLICK VALUE1/4 MOA (20 MOA / REV)1/10 MRAD (10 MRAD / REV)
ELEVATION ADJUSTMENT RANGE80 MOA23.2 MRAD
WINDAGE ADJUSTMENT RANGE50 MOA14.5 MRAD
MINIMUM PARALLAX10 YDS10 METERS
LENGTH13.8”350mm
WEIGHT28oz794gr

NexusNexus Pictures

Very nice review of the Nexus and i am loving mine also.I have been shooting it for 3 weeks and find it to be a outstanding scope.The other day i was looking at a tree rat at 175 yds up high in a tree and the view was so clear and then i was shooting water bottles at 350 yds and they were so easy to see and hit.Im running mine on a 223AI bolt action rifle and have no regrets spending my money on it.

Reactions: Glassaholic