• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Review: K&M Comprehensive Precision Rifle

frost1235

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2018
Where it snows
A few months ago, I had questions about what courses to take to improve myself in the discipline of long range marksmanship.

As recommended, I took courses near by me first to establish fundamentals, determine what gear works/doesn't, and ultimately if I enjoyed this sport.
(I took Sig's 101 and 102 course, and I definitely learned a lot, and wanted to go on with this hobby.)

I ultimately settled on K&M to bring me to the next level of marksmanship and I do NOT regret it one bit.

I understand it's hard to justify the time and money to do something that's a hobby. Something you can get better at by simply spend more range time and ammo to get better at.

But this is where I feel K&M sets itself apart from most training schools.

1.) The facility
From a known distance range out to 1200 yards to verify data, to a dedicated moving target range, and even dedicated urban positional shooting, K&M has it ALL. Whether you're a PRS competitor, a hunter, or tactical shooter (They have Bill Rogers styled targets!!!) K&M has every scenario one would need to get better at their discipline. In my opinion, having the resources to give students practice is just as important as the knowledge.

2.) Instructors
K&M prides itself for having a 4-1 student instructor ratio. My worry was that they would fill in instructors with no knowledge following a syllabus verbatim like a robot. I was SO wrong. Shannon Kay, Brian Allen, Jason Redding, Patrick Proctor, and Mike Rogan each had their own personality, method of instruction/explanation, and experience that made sure if one instructor's method of teaching was how you would like it, the others definitely would be in your ball park.
For example, Jason and Shannon was very quickly able to discern whether or not students were understanding class material and would not proceed until questions were asked.
Brian, Mike, and Patrick had the amazing ability to figure out how to minutely adjust a shooter to optimal performance.

3.) Information
To be honest, the range was perfect and the instructors were cool and all, but I came to K&M to learn how to improve myself, and avoid a plateau. I definitely got what I wanted. I assumed most courses went over fundamentals, gear, and techniques (some focusing on one point more than the others) but where K&M makes it to the top of the list in my book is how these high level competitors/masters of their trade didn't just share text book knowledge/application, they taught us the mindset and regiment they utilized to get to where they are at. A course with firm focus on fundamentals AND a method of training? To me, this was priceless.

I could honestly go on and on, but I'd be lost with how many good points there are about K&M. All I can say as a closing statement would be that im the four days I spent at K&M, I learned and applied more knowledge that I had attempted to find in over 5 years of reading on the internet, multiple classes, and hundreds of videos. If you are truly dedicated to the art of precision marksmanship, K&M is your first step.

I tried to keep it short, but if anyone has any questions, definitely ask and I'll do my best to answer it!!

Have you been competing and has the training helped you place at any matches?

Reactions: frost1235
Holiday Inn Express in Cranberry, PA. Be clear that there are TWO Cranberry, PAs. One is technically called Cranberry Township and it is the one you DO NOT want to book at. The other one is simply Cranberry, PA and the front desk phone number is 814-677-2640. Looks to be 1/2 hour away from the range.
Think that’s a trek from k and m lol. Perhaps you meant for the MPA. Course?

Heading to K&M in November. Would be interested to hear any tips you might have for attending.
Bring an open mind and reliable equipment. I've attended K&M and their training and facility is fantastic. In fact, I'm signing up for another class shortly. With that said, I've seen people bring equipment that they were either unfamiliar with or could/would not work.

Shannon and the crew put on an excellent course of instruction and the facility is probably the best I've ever been to, period.

Reactions: 338dude
Bring an open mind and reliable equipment. I've attended K&M and their training and facility is fantastic. In fact, I'm signing up for another class shortly. With that said, I've seen people bring equipment that they were either unfamiliar with or could/would not work.

Shannon and the crew put on an excellent course of instruction and the facility is probably the best I've ever been to, period.

Number one reason for going is to learn. So mind will be open..:)

I am flying in, so I will be renting a rifle. However, should I bring my usual support bags, Kestrel, etc.

Number one reason for going is to learn. So mind will be open..:)

I am flying in, so I will be renting a rifle. However, should I bring my usual support bags, Kestrel, etc.
Yes you can. I flew with my rifle if you want to enjoy your own equipment.

If you forget anything, they have a gear shop. At a minimum, bring a rear bag, Kestrel, sunblock/bug spray, and a hydration source.

You will not be disappointed!

Nice! Glad you had fun and got everything you wanted out of it. I'm headed to their basic long range class in April, can't wait!

Just took this course this past weekend.... awesome!

Worth every minute and dime. Big stress on fundamentals. Lots of exercises to build a solid base in any position. Great facility, great instructors.

Highly recommended.