• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review: Magpul MAG941 bipod

Kickin45

Deaf dumb and blind
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 7, 2018
    1913 version
    Arrived Saturday and I’ve been fingering it ever since. There are several things I really like about this bipod and a few things I personally do not and can see possible future issues.

PROS:
    The weight. 11.7 oz is rediculously light. I can’t honestly feel the added weight on my DTA A1. I could very easily tell when I had my Caldwell attached. With the Magpul, I’m very happy with the weight savings.
    The leg release button makes adjusting this bipod very simple. Is it perfect, no. But it’s a well thought out design.

Price. I purchased this for $98 brand new. It’s a bargain for that price and a fantastic option for low budget/ultra-light builds.

The feel. I personally love the slightly textured polymer feel of the legs. Something simple, but I really appreciate it.

CONS/Possible future issues:
    The Picatinny attachment uses flat head screws to attach or a hex key. One more tool that needs to be added to your range bag or pack and no quick attach/detach.

In order to completely lock out the Pan/Tilt feature, I had to really muscle the locking knob, to the point that I started to worry about strippage. If I didn’t gorilla tighten it, while being behind the rifle, it was still able to can’t and tilt so that my bubble was off level. I guess time will tell how many times I can gorilla tighten the knob until it strips out.

I wish the legs would lock in the 45° angle. That would be a nice feature.

All in all, I’m happy with this bipod for the cost. If I got all the features and bells and whistles that I want, my bipod would be in the $4-500 range, so thi is a good happy medium.
    I’m beginning to think that this may be a better bipod for a gas gun that a precision bolt gun and I’ll probably order another to run my 224VLK. The lightweight will afford itself perfectly to that platform.

Anyway, this is my quick review of this newer offer from Magpul and everything stated is just my personal observations and 2c.
    Happy to answer any questions anyone may have.
    13EE10AD-6D3D-41B2-B132-D2123296B86E.jpeg
    2FEE12A0-4946-4D08-9A68-7BA05E468829.jpeg
    EB107EB0-4AFB-4C17-93BE-B33142E6085D.jpeg

Last edited:
    How are the feet and their grippyness? What material are they made from? Does it only fold forward for stowage, or can you also fold it back towards the receiver also?

Feet are a stiff rubber that stick pretty well on my counter top.
    You’ll need to flip the bipod to stow the feet in backward

Reactions: 3-0-hate
    As Kickin said, you have to spin the bipod around to stow backwards, but it can be done without removing it from the pic rail by loosening up the tension knob until the entire hub assembly can rotate 180.

Reactions: 3-0-hate
    So far so good. For what it is, it’s a pretty good setup. If your expecting this to replace your Accu, your gonna be disappointed.
    I think it’s a great gas gun bipod.

So far so good. For what it is, it’s a pretty good setup. If your expecting this to replace your Accu, your gonna be disappointed.
    I think it’s a great gas gun bipod.
    Is the gas gun vote b/c a bit less recoil? Ya not thinking the Magpul will deal with more recoil well? Thanks

I have been running one with the RRS pic/Arca dual mount for a few months now. I think that for the money, there is really no other choice. I agree with all of the feedback Kickin has in his original review. If you need a bipod and don't want to spend $4XX+ then this is a great option and is leaps and bounds better than the Harris options.

Is the gas gun vote b/c a bit less recoil? Ya not thinking the Magpul will deal with more recoil well? Thanks

Not at all. I originally had it on my DTA 300WM. Handles recoil fine. Its just not feature rich, so I think it’s better suited to a gasser, except for maybe competition gas guns.

Thanks
    I have been running one with the RRS pic/Arca dual mount for a few months now. I think that for the money, there is really no other choice. I agree with all of the feedback Kickin has in his original review. If you need a bipod and don't want to spend $4XX+ then this is a great option and is leaps and bounds better than the Harris options.View attachment 7079075
    Really like to hear that. Would you suggest a direct fit MLOK to MLOK handguard strength wise if it's an option or do something different? New rifle likely to have MLOK hand guard

Last edited:
    Not at all. I originally had it on my DTA 300WM. Handles recoil fine. Its just not feature rich, so I think it’s better suited to a gasser, except for maybe competition gas guns.
    Ok thanks for the insight

I have been running one with the RRS pic/Arca dual mount for a few months now. I think that for the money, there is really no other choice. I agree with all of the feedback Kickin has in his original review. If you need a bipod and don't want to spend $4XX+ then this is a great option and is leaps and bounds better than the Harris options.View attachment 7079075
    That's a pretty slick setup. I really like the adaptation of the RRS mount. Which mount is that exactly and where did you get it? Do you have any pictures of it mounted on a rifle?

The RRS mount is a BTC-Pro and Altus has them in stock (well I ordered another one from them a few hours ago) and they have the ones with the new knobs.

The BTC-Pro works with any Arms 17s mount style bipod, of which Atlas and Magpul make versions for.

The best way to describe the Magpul Bipod is Harris style leg deployment with Atlas style leg extending. The Harris style leg deployment probably wouldn't be possible if the legs had notches for 45'. I have also heard that people have manually added the notch for 45' legs.

Oh and the Magpul will work with just about any feet made for the Atlas.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Muley Buck
    The RRS mount is a BTC-Pro and Altus has them in stock (well I ordered another one from them a few hours ago) and they have the ones with the new knobs.

The BTC-Pro works with any Arms 17s mount style bipod, of which Atlas and Magpul make versions for.

The best way to describe the Magpul Bipod is Harris style leg deployment with Atlas style leg extending. The Harris style leg deployment probably wouldn't be possible if the legs had notches for 45'. I have also heard that people have manually added the notch for 45' legs.

Oh and the Magpul will work with just about any feet made for the Atlas.
    Thank you! That is a great description and helpful info for me. I appreciate it.??

Thanks

Really like to hear that. Would you suggest a direct fit MLOK to MLOK handguard strength wise if it's an option or do something different? New rifle likely to have MLOK hand guard

If I understand the question correctly, then yes I would bet the MLOK version mounts fine to an MLOK handguard but have not personally tried the MLOK version. Personally, even though almost all my rifles have MLOK handguars, I run either a pic rail or ARCA rail on the bottom. I like doing it this way because I can swap accessories faster and without having to break out an allen key. IE I might take this bipod off and want to drop the rifle on the tripod or use a taller bipod. If you are just going to leave this one bipod married to a single rifle then the MLOK version is likely a good fit and will save you the expense of all the extra rails and adapters etc.

Reactions: atepointer