• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review my list of equipment

One1Bravo

Ops4
Minuteman
  • Jul 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Piecing together my final order for my gear and want to make sure I'm not missing anything critical.

Press: Forster Co-Ax

Dies: Whidden Click Adjustable Full Size Bushing Die set and Sinclair Int. Decapping Die

Powder Measure and Scale: RCBS Chargemaster 1500, Xtreme Hardcore Gear Caliber Specific Powder Funnel

Calipers: Mitutoyo Absolute Digimatic

Trimmer and Case Prep: World's Finest Trimmer, Hornady L-N-L Case Prep Trio, and Berry's Tumbler w/ Walnut media and Brass Bright Polish

Priming: RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool

Misc: Hornady L-N-L Headspace Tool Set and comparator insert, Hornady OAL Gauge and Modified Case, Sinclair Inc Digital Thickness Gauge, Bullet puller and collet, Heavy Duty Loading Block

Anything missing or anything need to be changed? This will be my first set up and I want to do it right the first time.

Pretty damn solid choices if youre up for dropping the coin on them. I wasnt a fan of the rcbs hand primer, it works, I just like the lee or the frankford more. Thats getting pretty nitpicky though.

Reactions: joel65
    You should pick up a concentricity gauge. I bought the Sinclair. This will help you see if you are making any errors while reloading, and then go through your procedures to fix the concentricity problem.

You may want to check if the Whidden click dies will fit in the Forester groove. With all the set screws that die uses, it may not fit correctly. I asked Whidden about this last year, and their response was "We don't know".

You may want to check if the Whidden click dies will fit in the Forester groove. With all the set screws that die uses, it may not fit correctly. I asked Whidden about this last year, and their response was "We don't know".

Thanks! Hadn't even thought of that. I'll try to contact them today. But if I recall John Whidden was using a Co-Ax in the YouTube video they have on the product page.

Pretty damn solid choices if youre up for dropping the coin on them. I wasnt a fan of the rcbs hand primer, it works, I just like the lee or the frankford more. Thats getting pretty nitpicky though.

Thanks! I've been researching for years and just got serious about getting in to it in the last couple of weeks. I'll check out the designs of the other hand primers and see if I have a preference.

Whidden's response - "The Click Adjustable die works great with the Co-Ax press, we specifically made this die with the Co-Ax in mind. I could not think of a better combination. We have a video on the web page of the Die in the Co-Ax. However it will not work on a 550 or 650 with Floating Toolhead. Please let me know if you have any questions.

V/R

Wiley G."