• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Reviews on Wolf Precision with Jamie Dodson

mqidwai

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Republic of California
I was looking into haveing Jamie Dodson at Wolf Precision build me a short action rifle using one of the BAT Tactical actions. Anyone one ever have Jamie Dodson at Wolf Precision build them a custome rifle? If so, how was your experience? How did yor rifle shoot? Would you recomend Jamie Dodson at Wolf Precision?

I am looking for some feedback. It is hard to find a good gunsmith/riflesmith. SO I wanted to know if this one is any good.....

Re: Reviews on Wolf Precision with Jamie Dodson

He's a sponsor here. Never used him but I've never heard a bad word spoken about the man and I know a lot of people like his actions and his work. If I wanted to have a rifle built on a BAT then I wouldn't hesitate one second to use him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mmq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is hard to find a good gunsmith/riflesmith. SO I wanted to know if this one is any good..... </div></div>

Boy did you come to the right place! It's pretty amazing how many world-class builders frequent this forum, all capable of building a rifle that meets or exceeds your abilities, Jamie Dodson most definitely included. APA, SAC, BlackOps, GAP, Longrifles, PCR, Spartan, Surgeon, Tac-Ops... just to name a few. Look around the forum a bit, there's some SERIOUSLY talented guys here.

Jamie built a rifle for me last year on a Rem 700 action. The rifle has been great. He does really nice work.

He will also spend the time to talk with you and be sure you get exactly what you want. I wouldn't hesitate to have him build me another rifle when I'm ready.

Jamie is good to go. He's done some minor work for me and is precise and honest. Search jerseymike on this forum to see the Wolf Precision build he just received.
Mike s

Thank you all, I appriciate the feedback. the more I get the better. So if anyone has more info I am open to it. I was leaning tward Wolf precision because he is the person who is selling the BAT Tactical actions. Just want to see what people have to say about Jamie Dodson and his work. Some Gunsmiths have bad raps even thow they might be well known. I just dont want to make a mistake. Custom rifles are not cheep. I will sacrifice time for Quality

Bump
Anyone else have any feedback. it would be appriciated. You can never have enough information!!!!

I have a barreled action that i bought here that was put together by Jamie, workmanship looks good, rifle shoots well. I called Jamie and asked him a few question about the work done, he was helpful and answered all my questions.

I met Jamie at Reade Range in'08. I have shot lots of matches with Jamie, watching him collect lots of top spots, shooting the rifles he builds. He most recently won ASC with a Wolf Precision BAT build chambered in .260. I was fortunate enough to squad up with him and his guys. He knows his shit around a rifle, inside and out.

He builds rifles like he shoots....damn well! You can not do much better, Jamie is very squared away.

Not only is Jamie a top notch shooter and phenomenal smith...he did a darned good job with BAT to come up with the action. Deal with complete and total confidence...iffin' he can work you into the schedule!!
smile.gif

I can say jamie is a stand up guy who builds excelent rifles. You wont go wrong with him.

Took Jamie's rifle class in PA. Had him work on a few guns too. Great guy, Great work. Goes over and above. Highly recommend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mmq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bump
Thanks for the feedback. You can never have too Much information. </div></div>

You're not going to find anyone on here with anythinng bad to say about him.

In my dealings with him he was polite, professional and I've heard nothing but great things about his work.

I had Jamie build me a rifle this last year. It's a .260 on a Rem 700 action, Jewell Trigger, 22" Kreiger M24/M40 5R barrel, Holland lug, McMillan adjustable A5 in desert gap camo and coyote tan cerakote. The bolt is a fluted PTG that's been Ion Bonded and it's setup with a Badger bottom metal.

Jamie builds a hammer, no doubt about it. I live a half hour from him and have been to his place 3 or 4 times with this build and to get parts for other guns of my own. One thing I like about Jamie is that he always answers his phone or calls you right back. He responded to all my questions and we talked at great lengths about what I wanted to build. He offered many suggestions, but ultimately let me do what I wanted, which I really appreciated.

You will not go wrong having Jamie build you a rifle. When I was there I handled the new BAT Tactical Action and it is a beauty. He offered to let me upgrade before he finished my rifle, but I opted out just because I already had all the other parts and a little more money on the BAT may have pushed the wife over the edge.

Here's the rifle he built me:

484643_10100835462648093_1209812476_n.jpg

Nice Rifle. What Countor Did you use on the Barrel I am debating Between the three right now with Krriger #10, #9, #14.

AS far as Jamie goes. I think he is going to be the one. Have found no information to sway me otherwise. In fact the opposite. Every inquiery I make all I hear is Good things.

It's an M24/M40 contour and a 1:8 twist to go with the 139's or 140's I plan on using. I wasn't sure at the time if they offered an M24/M40 contour, but Jamie assured me they did and ordered it for me. It's also a 5R rifled barrel.

You won't go wrong having him do your rifle. It is my first custom, and I don't think I could've found anyone better to help me along. I really appreciate all his help!