• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Revolution bipod from Elite Iron

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    Just got this in from Dale. First impressions, light (1lb 9 oz) for all steel construction, VERY sturdy, nice foot design, easy leg adjustment, solid rail mount interface. The 60 degree leg angle makes for a solid platform, good command height (7.5 to 11.5") and lots of fine adjustment. The ring mount for the legs is an improvement on the old Dean Michaelis system. The legs are on a 360 degree bearing, which can be unscrewed for maintenance. The pivot point is now above barrel center, which makes it VERY stable and able to accomodate any angle.

I'll get some pics done ASAP, but right now you can see a little bit on their Web site

http://www.eliteiron.net/bipod/

Re: Revolution bipod from Elite Iron

go to the site and watch the video ... I said the same thing until I watched what it does.

I am very interested.

-K

I'm kind of the same way... but still, $495 is a bit much.

$300 and I'd give it a thinking, $250 I'd probably buy one.

Looks heavier than it needs to be. Just like their cans.

On the upside. The picatinny mount looks like poorly executed crap attached to a pretty well designed bipod. If one isn't immediately thrown off by the large knurled adjustment screw......

The legs are not a rip off from a TRG bipod at all...

I like it, but I don't like it $500.

That swivel design is awesome; the weight...notsomuch but that's not an issue for me.

I'd watch the video on their site before passing judgement on this.

This is not for your lightweight mountain gun. It's more like the LRA bipods, designed for ELR rigs and similar. No, it's not 10oz, it's a little over 1.5 pounds. You can also stand on it. No, it's not the price of a Harris. But, you can use it in ways the Harris bipod user can't even imagine.

Do I see everyone trading their Atlas for a Revolution? Of course not. But if you've got something like an AX338, this might be the best possible system for it.

If you don't see the value, it's pretty simple, don't buy one. I've got mine.

Dale has been hunting and shooting with this bipod for almost 3 years now. I have walked with him through some of the nastiest stuff with no complaint. Great equipment is heavier than the cheap stuff. When you get that shot, you will be glad you had this bipod. Its well worth the money, and it will last and last.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not for your lightweight mountain gun. It's more like the LRA bipods, designed for ELR rigs and similar. No, it's not 10oz, it's a little over 1.5 pounds. You can also stand on it. No, it's not the price of a Harris. But, you can use it in ways the Harris bipod user can't even imagine.

Do I see everyone trading their Atlas for a Revolution? Of course not. But if you've got something like an AX338, this might be the best possible system for it.

If you don't see the value, it's pretty simple, don't buy one. I've got mine. </div></div>

Do they have an NSN? I hate the 107 bipod.

Great design, I'd love to play with one. Like most, my only quarrel is the price tag. $495 should buy a titanium version of the same thing. $295 or $350 seems much more realistic for a steel version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimslerpon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great design, I'd love to play with one. Like most, my only quarrel is the price tag. $495 should buy a titanium version of the same thing. $295 or $350 seems much more realistic for a steel version.</div></div>

It's also a simple design; a ball bearing...I mean how much R&D could have gone into that idea? And from a manufacturing standpoint, they're simple to machine. Nothing complex about em so I agree about the cost. I'm sure they're trying to get a patent and that's where the cost is coming from. Cheaper material=more money flowing into(and quickly out of) the legal department.

And because the design is pretty simple it's more susceptible to being poached so I understand wanting to move the process along but don't gouge the customer so <span style="font-style: italic">our</span> money can trademark <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> design at a lower bottom line expense for <span style="font-style: italic">you</span>, that's all.

If they level out the pricing it'll be a homerun cuz it is a brilliant design. Just my $.02

I always wonder when I see so many critics to the retail prices , you like it ?
    You buy it .
    You do not like it ?
    You do not buy it , is not an easy thing , uh ?

I stopped at their SHOT booth and , because I find this bipod to be a very interesting design & good craftmanship , I'll buy one .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperUncle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was onboard, looking at it and watching the video, until I saw the price tag. I don't doubt that it is the cat's meow, but I don't like cats that much. We'll see if the price drops over time.... </div></div>

Same here. I thought the $279.00 I just spend for an Atlas Bipod and QD mount was a lot of money. I am sure it is well thought out and built to high standards but with a starting price of $495.00 that is a lot of money for a bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always wonder when I see so many critics to the retail prices , you like it ?
    You buy it .
    You do not like it ?
    You do not buy it , is not an easy thing , uh ?
    </div></div>

And I wonder why people bring up old posts for no reasons except to bitch....

Still no way to mount it onto an AI spigot, it would appear...

very interesting bipod concept, just not worth $500 to me.

Purpose built!

Hello all. I just want to take a minute of your time and dig into this bipod a bit. I have looked at this think for a year or so. It seems to me that the concept behind this product is purpose built. You can fire from almost any position you would ever find yourself in with the twist of a knob or the pull of a leg. You can mount this thing to AI platforms and I think most rifles with a pic rail. These bipods are the strongest I've seen " there not made of pot metal and will not break at that critical time". I like equipment that is multi functional and is as tough as the situation I put them in! I think Dale has put a lot of thought into his product and built something that will stand the test of time. It seems to me for a competition shooter having the ability to move your bipods in any direction at anytime would greatly enhance there chances of first round hits on targets, in the prone and during alternate position firing. For the military it seems like this product would give a sniper or machine gunner the best option of setting up in any terrain or alternate position. Anyways that's just some guy giving his option! The main complaint I'm hearing in this post is price, well you get what you pay for! I've broken over 12 sets of ------ bipods in the last 6 years and I'm tired of spending $200 bucks every time for crap! Dale thanks for making a solid product.

TA

I'll agree it might be out of place on your average 700pss/swfa combo. On the hti it has no comparison. I can't wait to spend another 600ish for the m82. If you have a heavy rifle you're selling yourself short if you don't take a hard look at the revolution. After what you drop on scope and rings, what's another 700 on a bipod

Not for the "budget build".

After shooting Cory's at Gunsite, I made it my target purchase at S.H.O.T. '14.

Walked away with a TRG-mount Rev' Bipod for 6 and change.

Thanks, Cory. It's ROCK SOLID.

Put up or shut up.