• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing revolver barrels

matthias

Terminal lurker
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2011
bismarck north dakota
anyone ever turn a revolver barrel from a blank? I have a 627 n frame ( smith 357 , 8 shot )I would like to make a barrel for. having a hard time finding any information about turning a barrel from a blank.

- looked at and talked with two companies that supply bull barrels and they are in stock .
- would be cool to make one on my own from a blank. integral lug, vents porting etc.

if you got any ideas let me know

thanks, matthias

A Krieger .355 blank will be your best bet. Keep in mind getting the underlug isnt happening. You cant get a blank with enough meat on them to make it look like a factory contour.

For more info and pics, look for PPC revolvers.

Yep the pcp guns are nice and the last three I built shot very well. They were on k and l frame smiths. I may have made a mistake when I bought a four inch 627.

The real question is has any one bought a barrel blank and cut the tennon and fitted it to a revolver? I have all the tools to fit a Clark custom barrel etc but want input on actually making my own.

Also pacnor will make a barrel up to 2.5 inches and I am sure with some time and a lot of wasted metal I could do the integral lug.