• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Rex Defense

The ACSS reticle has its place. I have an 18-inch AR with a 1-8x ACSS and have no problem hitting a 10-inch plate at 600 yards with my hand loads. There's no reason to hate on gun-tubers, they each have unique content that appeals to a certain market but they support shooting sports - which we NEED at this time. It's funny because channels like IraqVeteran8888, Mrgunsngear, etc have unapologetically poor long rifle fundamentals and they openly admit that they're not precision rifle channels. 8541 Tactical, SnipersHide, and Rex Tibor are dedicated to the precision rifle market, so you can hold those channels accountable for what they say.

Which is why I’m saying that RexReviews gobeldygook about acss reticles is a problem. I know they “have their place” but a guy telling people interested in long range that an ACSS BDC reticle is pretty good is NOT properly reviewing a product, man.

Reactions: Billiam1211
Yeah...

Not only is that an accident waiting for a time and place to happen, but check this video out. At 55:40 in, what the hell is this trash?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hi,

More importantly....How in the HELL did you make it that far into the video?
Did you forget the safe combination? Did you loose the keys to the airplane?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

More importantly....How in the HELL did you make it that far into the video?
Did you forget the safe combination? Did you loose the keys to the airplane?

Sincerely,
Theis

I jump around a lot in videos, using this thing called a "mouse." Perhaps you've heard of it?! :ROFLMAO:

Just yankin' yer chain, Theis. There's NO WAY I sat through an hour of that. I skipped around a lot to find the "fun" parts where guys shot at students, or tried to sound snipery on their handie-talkie, and I just happened to stumble upon that little gem. I suppose the chuckle I got out of it made the five or so minutes I spent hopping around worthwhile, ha!

After this recent Rex flare up I decided to try and watch parts of his videos - wow, I don't know how anyone gets anything out of that guy, except for a lighter wallet and scrambled thoughts on precision rifle shooting.

I can't see how someone who doesn't know what they are doing, masquerading as a so-called "expert" and tricking people into think he knows anything about this discipline (and by extension they the students think they are learning valuable information), is a benefit to this community.

As far as I'm concerned, he's taking advantage of people who don't know any better.

One thing I did like about Rex was his optic reviews. Some of the best I've seen.

81643426.gif

Information is key wether it's right or wrong.
Only if you can discern the difference. Otherwise it's a bullshit snow job.

And how can you put a price on knowledge that one day may save your life.
I'm sorry, WTF are you talking about?

I am a humble person. That believes in giving credit. Credit being at least he is trying.
Humility is a great quality, but you should be more discriminating with your credit. Trying is worthless if someone doesn't know what he's doing/talking about or is misleading.

at the same time I wish Frank would explain some things better also.
Since you're a professional, you should know that professionals don't give away all their knowledge for free. I certainly don't, when it comes to my profession.

But all I can say to the haters is " can you do better"
Pay me $600 and I'll show you

I watched the sniper course video in question. Looks to me that Rex was facilitating the course while others were instructing.
I don't know who the cadre he had around him are, but if I was guessing, I'd say they were former snipers.

The milk jugs they were shooting appeared to be at least 50ft. to the right of the class, and the sniper shooting at them was only 300 yards away. People sign waivers to do all manner of stupid shit. Not advocating for or against, just trying to be fair.

I wouldn't say it was smart, but I also wouldn't say it was as dangerous as everyone is making it out to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the sniper course video in question. Looks to me that Rex was facilitating the course while others were instructing.
I don't know who the cadre he had around him are, but if I was guessing, I'd say they were former snipers.

The milk jugs they were shooting appeared to be at least 50ft. to the right of the class, and the sniper shooting at them was only 300 yards away. People sign waivers to do all manner of stupid shit. Not advocating for or against, just trying to be fair.

I wouldn't say it was smart, but I also wouldn't say it was as dangerous as everyone is making it out to be.
I think this was a fair analysis. Having shots fly by you in a controlled environment isn’t anything out of the ordinary in some circles. It’s part of stress inoculation. 50ft off to ones side is a country mile compared to a serpentine drill in a stack with shots being taken right off your shoulder. ?

I think this was a fair analysis. Having shots fly by you in a controlled environment isn’t anything out of the ordinary in some circles. It’s part of stress inoculation. 50ft off to ones side is a country mile compared to a serpentine drill in a stack with shots being taken right off your shoulder. ?
LOL

Go work the pits in any NRA centerfire rifle match. Bullets will be passing by over your head a lot closer than 50 feet.

A hell of a lot closer.

If anyone would like to come to my sniper class, I'll let you skull drag around in the desert with a smock and rifle for $800. We can play "go touch that mountain" as many times as you'd like and I'll even let you carry all of your gear up the side of it.

For an extra $100, we can do vehicle hides, which will require conducting obs in a Honda civic's trunk from 0600 to 1800, armed only with a spotting scope, 5lb bag of sour patch kids (which must be fully consumed prior to indexing), two 12oz bottles of water (no more than 7.5oz of the allowed 24oz may be consumed during the operation, as you will be required to reserve the rest for a possible E&E pop-up evaluation). If you fail to successfully locate and surveil your target(s), you'll be required to play a round of "go touch that mountain" followed by "no not that one, that one over there on the horizon."

#HitMeUpForMoreInfo
#YouTooCanDoSuchGreatness
#ItIsADryHeat
#TrainAsIfYourYoutubeChannelDependsOnIt
#ClassesAreOfferedOnlyInTheDeadOfSummer

LOL

Go work the pits in any NRA centerfire rifle match. Bullets will be passing by over your head a lot closer than 50 feet.

A hell of a lot closer.

I don’t think you’re fully grasping the concept, which is understandable if you haven’t experienced this type of class. There is a huge difference between being in a pit and having shots fly over head which have zero chance of striking you. This is a discussion about a class that has aimed fire in a persons general vicinity which requires some skill and accuracy. My reference was even more specific about shooting within inches of another person. So...... LOL

If anyone would like to come to my sniper class, I'll let you skull drag around in the desert with a smock and rifle for $800. We can play "go touch that mountain" as many times as you'd like and I'll even let you carry all of your gear up the side of it.

For an extra $100, we can do vehicle hides, which will require conducting obs in a Honda civic's trunk from 0600 to 1800, armed only with a spotting scope, 5lb bag of sour patch kids (which must be fully consumed prior to indexing), two 12oz bottles of water (no more than 7.5oz of the allowed 24oz may be consumed during the operation, as you will be required to reserve the rest for a possible E&E pop-up evaluation). If you fail to successfully locate and surveil your target(s), you'll be required to play a round of "go touch that mountain" followed by "no not that one, that one over there on the horizon."

#HitMeUpForMoreInfo
#YouTooCanDoSuchGreatness
#ItIsADryHeat
#TrainAsIfYourYoutubeChannelDependsOnIt
#ClassesAreOfferedOnlyInTheDeadOfSummer
Aquire a sizable youtube following and you could charge triple that.

Aquire a sizable youtube following and you could charge triple that.
With a big enough following, you can do anything. Maybe I’ll start selling my bath water on the hide.

Who wants to get in on this? I’ll even wear my ghillie in the tub!

Reactions: Foxhound
I don’t think you’re fully grasping the concept, which is understandable if you haven’t experienced this type of class. There is a huge difference between being in a pit and having shots fly over head which have zero chance of striking you. This is a discussion about a class that has aimed fire in a persons general vicinity which requires some skill and accuracy. My reference was even more specific about shooting within inches of another person. So...... LOL

I grasp the concept 100%.

The concept is that the numbnuts who take stupid classes like that are all a bunch of fucking posers.

You want to get shot at, plenty of opportunties with uncle sam. Or with the cops.

1571966807926.png

Oh wait, you were a Ranger-Delta-Devgru sniper and a PJ on the side. Right?

LOfuckingL

The concept is that the numbnuts who take stupid classes like that are all a bunch of fucking posers.

You want to get shot at, plenty of opportunties with uncle sam. Or with the cops.

View attachment 7170425

LOfuckingL
“Bullet proof cup huh? I invented this game Rabbit. ...And in my day, we used blanks.” Hahaha

Everyone wants to get shot at until it’s time to get shot at. The last place you want to start taking rounds is while stalking hahaha.

Reactions: S12A and 308pirate

View attachment 7170425

LOfuckingL
I see you have an internet autism spectrum disorder that allows you pound angrily on a keyboard. You’re special and unique, your mom says so. You haven’t provided any relevant info in this thread other than “LOLs.”
My attempt was to illuminate the fact that these courses do exist and apparently it offends your fragile sensibilities to the point you’ve lost control and resort to ad hominem attacks against me. Me personally, I wouldn’t pay money for a class such as this, but I don’t begrudge anyone that does.

I see you have an internet autism spectrum disorder that allows you pound angrily on a keyboard. You’re special and unique, your mom says so. You haven’t provided any relevant info in this thread other than “LOLs.”
My attempt was to illuminate the fact that these courses do exist and apparently it offends your fragile sensibilities to the point you’ve lost control and resort to ad hominem attacks against me. Me personally, I wouldn’t pay money for a class such as this, but I don’t begrudge anyone that does.
Best thing to do is put him on your ignore list. He does his "monkey flinging shit" impression about every other day or so.

I’ve watched some of Rex's videos. Shooting beyond 200 yards is new to me, and I found value in some of his stuff.
I didn’t know what I didn’t know. A couple weeks actually exploring the catalog here at the Hide, it’s apparent I’ve upgraded informational resources.

Bought an IOR 10x56 largely based on a Rex reccomendation. Yeah, yeah, I’ve seen how dimly the brand is viewed by many here. It’s what I’ve got, and it’s what I’ll use until I have the resources to upgrade. The no bullshit feedback I see here is a feature, not a flaw.

Lowlight - nice place you got here.

That idea that something of value can be taught by shooting towards the student is crazy.

First off, from a safety standpoint, rounds can change direction in a fluid medium very easily. It would not take much to catch the edge of the milk jug and a bullet deciding to turn a corner. There are dozen of examples of bullet skimming off-targets and going off at extreme angles. That is why we have safety FANS and not just straight lines but angles.

Secondly, this demonstrates precisely why someone who is just reading things publicly available is different than being taught by someone who attended a military sniper school. It may sound credible to say, can you find the shooter when the round is firing toward your position, but there is no value in it from a training standpoint, and I will explain why.

What was pressed in Sniper School is:

Sound gives away PRESENCE

Movement gives away POSITION

It's that simple. So if you want to teach a student this truism during a class, you are better having a shooter firing across the front, vs toward them. Then what I would do if I was teaching this evolution is move the shooter 25 yards, and fire again, repeating it 4x so they moved 100 yards. The key point being does the sound of the shot help you focus on the shooter or can it throw you off. Adding a suppressor would be an example of masking the sound so you cannot pinpoint the shooter's position.

You can easily confuse the observer with sound, that does not necessarily expose your position, but the sloppy movement will expose your exact position. Also, there are plenty of tricks to mask your position and movement, as well as draw the observer's eye from your actual firing point. That is something taught as well, as deception is a key part of the training.

I have everything given to me at Sniper School, all the books, all the handouts, including my day to day training schedule. I can easily recreate every single day of the course, but I have the original handout. What I don't have is the volume upon volume of things taught that are not in the Manuals, not in the handouts, and not to be found on the internet. My course was over 12 weeks, most days 12 hours a day, which is a ton of training not found in the FMs or TMs.

Lastly, I would say, being available on YouTube, consider the perception of a person looking to do the industry damage and finding a class where they have you shooting at the students. The optics just look bad, and it would be really hard to justify "why" when the skill set is being reduced to only part of the equation.

How do I get vetted to be an instructor at Rex Defense?

I can only imagine the makeup of weekend warriors, airsoft GIs and 'a 50 will blow your arm off even if it misses you' crowd that goes there and the high pitched screeching noises they'll make when they get to dig trenches while I'm sitting in a lawn chair telling them about all of the shitty life decisions and horrible genetics that have brought them to this point.

Then we're going to load them up with 50lb rucks and add any gear deemed as fucking retarded to it, and make them push the wheel of pain around in a circle until no one ever wants to touch a giant set of Made in China binoculars, 25lb rifle, 10lb rear bag or gigantic 74x scope ever again. If you brought a ghille suit, you have to fucking wear that the entire time as well as me ocassionally pouring a 5 gallon bucket of water ontop of you along the way, which you get to carry.

Once everyone is warmed up we'll go to the range, where we'll tell everyone to get setup and arrange their equipment. Whenever we chance location, you're required to stow all your gear and move as quickly as you can. We'll let everyone get settled and make the people with their 5 minute pre ritual lay their asses down, but given that I'm betting the gear arrangement will look like a Florida trailer park yard sale after a hurricane, the penalties for not being able to stow and move when I yell 'contact right' and 75% of the class freezes and doesn't know WTF to do, will be harsh and consist of more trench digging and the burying of shitty chinese made equipment.

I'm estimating the total round count of my 6 hour class will be somewhere around 4.

Totally serious. I'm free like Mon/Wed and every other Friday.

I can only imagine the makeup of weekend warriors, airsoft GIs and 'a 50 will blow your arm off even if it misses you' crowd that goes there and the high pitched screeching noises they'll make when they get to dig trenches while I'm sitting in a lawn chair telling them about all of the shitty life decisions and horrible genetics that have brought them to this point.

Then we're going to load them up with 50lb rucks and add any gear deemed as fucking retarded to it, and make them push the wheel of pain around in a circle until no one ever wants to touch a giant set of Made in China binoculars, 25lb rifle, 10lb rear bag or gigantic 74x scope ever again. If you brought a ghille suit, you have to fucking wear that the entire time as well as me ocassionally pouring a 5 gallon bucket of water ontop of you along the way, which you get to carry.

Once everyone is warmed up we'll go to the range, where we'll tell everyone to get setup and arrange their equipment. Whenever we chance location, you're required to stow all your gear and move as quickly as you can. We'll let everyone get settled and make the people with their 5 minute pre ritual lay their asses down, but given that I'm betting the gear arrangement will look like a Florida trailer park yard sale after a hurricane, the penalties for not being able to stow and move when I yell 'contact right' and 75% of the class freezes and doesn't know WTF to do, will be harsh and consist of more trench digging and the burying of shitty chinese made equipment.

LOL! You show up with a t-shirt of YouTuber Edwin Sarkissian on it and a Punisher lower, that's it... Any and everything that Condor makes should also be worn, for good measure. Plate carrier mandatory.

I'm estimating the total round count of my 6 hour class will be somewhere around 4.

Hey once you get your instructor slot with them, hit me up and I’ll open up a Belgian division next year. “Lé Rexxx DeFencé International” ...emphasis on the XXX (obviously).

• Haha
Reactions: AIAW

Ever had a .50 miss you?

Of course you haven’t or you wouldn’t be here right now.

You’re already some haji machinegunners wet dream if you’re stuck in a hallway that small that you need to run a serpatine and engage.

I don't like to be unprepared for training
You're going to training to learn. It's OK to not know shit from shinola if one is attending a beginner's/level 1/whatever course.

I don't see how "getting prepared" for your first training course by watching videos from a guy who literally can't execute the basics correctly is a good idea at all.

You're going to training to learn. It's OK to not know shit from shinola if one is attending a beginner's/level 1/whatever course.

I don't see how "getting prepared" for your first training course by watching videos from a guy who literally can't execute the basics correctly is a good idea at all.
AFE45E4E-B230-41EB-BF74-BB6B5CA0C5EF.gif

Reactions: TheMammoth
Before I start saying stupid stuff, I want to wish you all a merry Christmas and Happy 24.
Now for some new Old stupid Stuff.
This might not even post as this thread is so old.
everybody is different, we walk different, we talk different, we learn different teach different etc.
personal observation from outside the Fanboy box. Ive seen and read a sh***t Ton of I am God kind of statements on this site about whomever they dont like for one reason or another, mostly for being different.. Hold yer pannies, I get to Rex when Im Done. with Home (here)
I love me some Frank, Hes smart, Hes real Hes who he is as a Man. Cant stand his voice. PERIOD. Rex Neither.
That said,
BOTH are extremely good at what they do. BOTH.
Ive been gone a while, Ruptured aneurysm, 2 month in neuro ward icu, 6 weeks cardio ward icu.
Anybody watch Rex shoot Long Range? You Ney sayers know why he shoots or how well?
Now heres my not so humble backround so you have a short stick to measure me by.
age 6 fatherless, a marine corp SGT gives me my first rifle, a chipmonk single shot 22 , no V, No Peg, just a sigle sholt bolt gun with no sites .
SGT Major T.J. Smart USMC and a couple of his friends maade me learn it when I didnt want to.
I dont even use a scope or site to turkey hunt. call it what you will its the truth.
Rex is a math Nerd that happens to love to shoot. I know this as we have that in common and Have spoken person to person about it.
Havent taken any of his Courses. Dont and have never called em on the phone etc so no brags to make.
Hes a sand box. you set up a screen frame and let it pour. same as with Frank. I listen to every word they say, take what I need and move on.
I thank God for the both of em, business and money aside, whay should they bother ? other than support shooting sports with a tad of recruitment, they both have to listen to us whine about what who and why dont like one of another and then theres the hate factor.
he use the word snipe all he likes. I couldnt care less, no skin off my nose. he aint a stolen valor kinda idiot.
My Point is, Ive read a ton of stuff, and found no reason to hate on the guy.
Poppy Smith taught me more about shooting than my Marine Corp Uncle.
He built my Norma Mag and My 270 win.
He told me, just because you dont like what you hear, you better keep listening so you at least learn wtf is going on the other side.
Them buyers aint never gonna be snipers. they aint never gunna be operators.
They will never in our minds be worth much.
They Will by hook or crook support our sport in a multitude of ways.
Ive gone so long due to health, Ive been reading threads since 8pm last night trying to pretend to catch up.
Guy Smith once asked me if I was judgemental, I answered him Yes. cant lie to your Grandfathers Best friend.
Im just saying why we gotta be so hard on people we dont agree with?
nobody on earth talks around a subject as lont as Rez does, but if theres even a slive of balogna in it, I will listen till it shoes up,
Frank Has no equal He started it and stays the course, I can imagin his patience level or toleration point for some of these threads.
IM done be back in a couple months, Ive learned to walk again and I plan to be honery while I work on my bucket list.
New caliberssince last I cam up for air.
6.5 CM RPR
338 lapua Mag Savage 110
224 Vlkry
45lc
303 Brit
when My Gramps Passed away, This M<an steeped up with my uncle and made sure I learned from my mistakes
Poppa Smith aka for Smitty's Gun Shop
God Bless the Bunch of ya and have a great Holiday Season.