• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RF Benchrested Silhouette

Travelor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2003
Central Arkansas
Anyone doing this?

We have talked about this and I gave it a try yesterday. We first shot 1/2 scale animals out to 175 yards and they were just too easy, even shooting the chicken at 175 yards. Then we tried 1/5 scale: chicken at 100 yards pig at 125 yards; turkey at 150 yards; and, ram at 175 yards.

I am thinking that our Club might give this a try as it seems to be a real fun match. We will have to wait until we can get a set of 1/5 scale RF swingers - I sure did not have fuin walking 350 yards to reset the rams.

George

Re: RF Benchrested Silhouette

i just came back from a "regular" smallbore silhouette match, i haven't tried the benchrest style in silhouette, but have tried the regular benchrest .22.

not my cup of tea (benchrest)- appeared to be relying too much on mechanical performance of the equipment and wind reading.

not to knock any shooting sport, but it just seemed that the shooting fundamentals were taken out of the game.

a prone or bipod / rear bag off a bench shoot would be very attractive .

i like just regular rf silhouette, but that does sound kind of fun shooting out to 200 with a standard velocity .22

Hey guys

So what kind of 22 scopes and 22 rifles are being used for this fun ?

I am thinking about getting back into the 22 world and its a toss up between bolt action or ruger 1022.

Any quality 22 scope suggestions in the $150 range ?

thanks