• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision RH25 helmet mounted for coyotes?

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
Looking to add a scanner to my setup for coyote hunting. I currently use a Bering Super Yoter 50 for my weapon sight. I’ve been intrigued by the RH25 since it’s release. Does anyone have any experience with it as a helmet mount for scanning? I wouldn’t need it for navigating at night, just scanning during hunting. I’m fully aware it will give up extended range signatures.

I’m using a RL25 as a helmet mounted scanner and ID’d two yotes last night at 200-220. I also looked through a pulsar 640 scanner and made me really want the Rh25 to get that better image and FOV. I’ll let others comment but I think it’d be great

Reactions: DIBBS
3CB2755D-1585-4224-B3E7-46C8F83945D9.jpeg

Can’t speak to the RH25 specifically but last year I added a nox18 to my helmet for scanning. Game changer. I see way more animals now and it’s so much easier than hand scanning.

Reactions: cantankerous
Can’t speak to the RH25 specifically but last year I added a nox18 to my helmet for scanning. Game changer. I see way more animals now and it’s so much easier than hand scanning.
That’s kind of what I thought too. I’ve had too many run up behind me. What do you think your range is on picking up a heat signature of a coyote with your Nox?

A couple weeks ago I picked up a bobcat at about 450yds coming in. I could have seen it from farther but that’s where it stepped out of the woods. I saw it instantly and thought it was a coyote based on it trotting toward the call. Swapped to my scope with more mag and PID’d it closer in.

Was also able to clearly see an armadillo at about 400 in low grass. Can’t PID from those distances but can clearly detect.

A couple weeks ago I picked up a bobcat at about 450yds coming in. I could have seen it from farther but that’s where it stepped out of the woods. I saw it instantly and thought it was a coyote based on it trotting toward the call. Swapped to my scope with more mag and PID’d it closer in.

Was also able to clearly see an armadillo at about 400 in low grass. Can’t PID from those distances but can clearly detect.
Detection is really what I’m after more than anything. Appreciate the info though, it certainly helps

Reactions: Rerun7
Been helmet running a rh25 for 4 months. So far no complaints other than the rh25 being kinda complicated to operate

I procured this to use as a loaner/ backup, but I end up using it myself because of it's simplicity.
While the 3D printed dovetail cradle mount costs $100+,it hasn't failed me yet in two years of use, but I haven't flipped my ranger into a flooded ditch or rappelled out of a helo to test it.
Total is $1,200 with the $1,100 dollar TM15-384 Mono, without the Rhino and Nightcap.
You can't dual mount it with a 14, so I just swap it when I get on stand.
Not 640 Res, but it has the same FOV and other features of the RH25.
IMG_1282.JPGIMG_1277.JPG

Reactions: st1650
I procured this to use as a loaner/ backup, but I end up using it myself because of it's simplicity.
While the 3D printed dovetail cradle mount costs $100+,it hasn't failed me yet in two years of use, but I haven't flipped my ranger into a flooded ditch or rappelled out of a helo to test it.
Total is $1,200 with the $1,100 dollar TM15-384 Mono, without the Rhino and Nightcap.
You can't dual mount it with a 14, so I just swap it when I get on stand.
Not 640 Res, but it has the same FOV and other features of the RH25.
View attachment 8063297View attachment 8063335
Funny, I've been running an extremely similar poormans setup (TM15-384+Macho Mount) with very good success but now going to upgrade to a RH25 this summer.Still not sure about bridging with a -14 or just run dual RH25 or RH25+MH25 v2.

Reactions: shoots100