• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Richards Microfit gunstocks

Muffo

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2009
Has any one delt with this company at all recently I am thinking of buying a semi finished stock to use for a while and a blank to make a stock. this company is the only company that makes a stock that will fit my action. I read some quiet bad reports about them but it was from 2007 so i was wondering if they had got better

Re: Richards Microfit gunstocks

The amount of finish work remaining after receiving them has always been an issue for most people, but if they have the style of stock that you are looking for, they are the easiest option. Some do not find the extra work to be a deterrence.

I personally would go to someone like Joel Russo Russo Rifle Stocks and have him make a totally ready to finish stock for me. Joel's stocks are inlet precisely for the action and the amount of work to finish them is simply final sanding and top coating. Plus you can select the wood that you want to use!

I have a Russo stock that is being finished this week from a blank that I prepared myself. I hope to have it in hand sometime next week.

I sandwiched two thin strips of figured Anigre between quarter sawn Bubinga center and outsides. He is making this stock as a clone of the Manners MCS-T2 for me. He is a great guy to work with and his work is exceptional. If you want to save a great deal of headaches (IMO), Joel is the go to option in custom wooden stocks that are not totally hand made and come with the associated costs.

He is not cheap, but for what you get, I think it is a no brainer, but some will prefer to do their own handwork. I am not as skilled as Joel's CNC or nearly as precise either
smile.gif

I have bought maybe 10 stocks for Richard's MicroFit and will probably buy some more. The finish is sometimes rough and delivery time is extremely variable anywhere from 4 weeks to 9 months. They have quite a selection of styles and actions that they inlet for and their prices are not bad.

Some people have had much worse luck than I have.

wade

Bought a Richards microfit a few years ago. Did the fit and finish myself. Turned out just the way I wanted it to.

Picture087.jpg

Keep an eye on their closeout page. Sometimes you can get some pretty good deals.

I have bought three stocks from them. I have been satisfied with the stocks, and the price. They only problem I had with them is timing. They are great to order from as long as you are not in a hurry. They are SLLOOOWWWW. Tom.

005.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg