• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Rico Alpha

KnightRaid

Poultry Agent
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2020
Virginia
Has anyone had their hands on a RICO ALPHA thermal? Curious as to how it compares to the Halo LR. Thanks in advance.

Not yet...
Gonna be interesting to see if they can deliver on their promises to get these things out when they say they will. Or are we going to get 2 week’d to death like a few other thermal companies....

1612877047906.png

Yep, LOL.....but #1 Performance, #2 Internal Shutter, and #3 Dedicated 6-10 Hour Battery Pack. Our US based companies have #1 zipped up, but why we cannot get #2 and #3 I do not understand. Not giving up my Trijicon, but I will not purchase another scope without those 2 included. Especially at $6K+ a unit. Rechargeable batteries.....are still batteries and something else ya gotta keep up with.

Finally watched the show on YouTube. Was disappointed. For all the talk of being designed by Hunters, info relevant to Hunters was not discussed.....like what is the Base Mag? What is the battery life?

The constant monotone dialogue declaring it the "best scope ever" was annoying. May be, but features and performance will determine that, both of which were lacking in details on the show.

Focus lever on top of the scope is thoughtful, but general consensus among my peeps is "meh".....would have been better as a turn dial on the side of the unit. But given this is a MK1 with a different style and color dress that probably would have taken much more engineering redesign.

On one hand, the magnetic power cord attachment on the bottom of the scope is neat.....but it kind of defeats one of the main selling points of this scope and that is the long battery life. The show spent a lot of time on this feature, and not enough sharing other pertinent details as noted above.

Not poor mouthing here, as I am interested, just wish these devices were a little further along before they get hyped so as not to leave me thinking there is a bit of R&D still out there before it becomes real.

Finally watched the show on YouTube. Was disappointed. For all the talk of being designed by Hunters, info relevant to Hunters was not discussed.....like what is the Base Mag? What is the battery life?

The constant monotone dialogue declaring it the "best scope ever" was annoying. May be, but features and performance will determine that, both of which were lacking in details on the show.

Focus lever on top of the scope is thoughtful, but general consensus among my peeps is "meh".....would have been better as a turn dial on the side of the unit. But given this is a MK1 with a different style and color dress that probably would have taken much more engineering redesign.

On one hand, the magnetic power cord attachment on the bottom of the scope is neat.....but it kind of defeats one of the main selling points of this scope and that is the long battery life. The show spent a lot of time on this feature, and not enough sharing other pertinent details as noted above.

Not poor mouthing here, as I am interested, just wish these devices were a little further along before they get hyped so as not to leave me thinking there is a bit of R&D still out there before it becomes real.
Video isn’t a real review...but instead a paid advertisement.

i personally do not want or have any interest in a proprietary or internal battery of any sort. that's just bad juju in my opinion. i also feel that way about an internal shutter. its a moving component that is unnecessary in my view. simply another thing to fail. given the amount of stuck shutters i've seen on pulsar units i'm happy to not have it.

Reactions: Travis224
A buddy has a demo unit he ran last weekend, and is supposed to have units to sell in his hands on Friday. I'm trying to gather the funds to buy one, this will be my first dive into thermal so all in lol. So far he has been very impressed, and has had a lot of thermals and NV setups over the years. He sent me a video via text of some deer in his pasture from 100-180 yards, and it looked good, but not the quality of the commercial. I'm sure there is some degradation of the image from being sent via text, but i'm going to check it out tomorrow. I guess I can't post a video straight to SH (I tried), and have to find a place to host it.

Any updates on user experience on the Alpha? Looking to pick one of these up, or a Halo LR