• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Riddle me this

skep_tic1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
NC
I have a Springfield full size mil-spec and I have a Dan Wesson Heritage full size.
My Springfield gobbles up everything I feed it while my DW is a bit finicky.
I attribute this to the Springfield have a lighter recoil spring. I do like to load some pretty light rounds for plinking so it makes sense that I get stove pipes on the DW because the slide is working faster and not cycling all the way back unless I use an iron grip on it. My DW runs fine with duty rounds however.
I have a match this Saturday and would like to run the light loads thru the DW. Will it hurt anything to install the Springfield's lighter spring in my DW for the match and switch it back afterwards or should I just run my mil-spec at the match and be nastalgic?

Re: Riddle me this

I run a 16lb recoil spring in my match gun.don't know what your dan Wesson has maybe an 18lb, try a 16 and a 14 if your running really light loads.it could also be your extractor tension.

Light loads with a lighter spring makes sense, but I would run it that way first to be sure that is the issue. If you don't get a chance to check it prior to the match, I would run the Springer for the match.

I don't know why it is so hard for me to learn that there are no good ideas the night before a match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skep_tic1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know why it is so hard for me to learn that there are no good ideas the night before a match. </div></div>

Over time you'll learn, we all did. You might consider a Wolff Tune-up spring kit from Brownells. You can chose the best one for your piece and load combination.