• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle .105" and AR-15 .285" - Better loads?

Sr-WiNdTeCh

Private
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2011
Iowa
Hello,

I'm looking for some help on some better loads, loads that you think will beat my top groups.

I will do your loads and report back with pictures if they are worth the battery in my camera
wink.gif

As you can see by my load data, I show you twist and barrel length.

Cooper Load Data

AR-15 Load Data

All ammo will be reloaded in a CO-AX press with Redding Comp Dies.

To clarify - All the loads on my load data sheets are a one time deal, I only loaded 5 rounds of each load and then tested. Maybe I had no wind, or no caffeine that day... who knows.

Re: Help with Cooper and AR-15 Loads

I seriously don't know why people keep saying that. These loads are a 1 time deal just testing ammo. I have actually never tested any of these loads more than one 5 shot group, so I have no idea it I can repeat the groups. It is what it is and I have no reason to lie.

Side note: I'm more worried about the AR groups than the Cooper groups.

Also I will (after I'm satisfied I have the best loads) then take a target at 100 yards with 10 targets on it, and fire 50 rounds of my best load, in 5 shot groups and measure them all and come up with my average for my gun, my guess is it will be around .250".

You better have pics to back up your claims around here. 5 shot groups as per the rules, and pics of the whole target.

Also, if your fishing for compliments on your gear, there are a lot of superior items for sale here every day. Really, what purpose do pictures of guns serve, in the reloading forum?

I'm not showing off anything, ( I took the pictures down, figured people like looking at guns here, I know I do, but that just must be me) I'm looking for help, but I guess your to insecure to see that. As per the rules, I'm not here proving anything, only asking for help. Also I don't save targets, reason for the spreadsheet to track my progress. Please read the whole thread and you will see that I plan to take pictures from now on. Also I plan to shoot ten 5 shot groups and take an average, and yes I will take pictures and show you the target with all 50 bullet holes.

Seriously people, I'm here for help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sr-WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not showing off anything, ( I took the pictures down, figured people like looking at guns here, I know I do, but that just must be me) I'm looking for help, but I guess your to insecure to see that. As per the rules, I'm not here proving anything, only asking for help. Also I don't save targets, reason for the spreadsheet to track my progress. Please read the whole thread and you will see that I plan to take pictures from now on. Also I plan to shoot ten 5 shot groups and take an average, and yes I will take pictures and show you the target with all 50 bullet holes.

Seriously people, I'm here for help. </div></div>

Just a heads up, starting out on a Forum asking for help on how to improve on a .250" group out of an AR is pretty ballzy. In my experience here, the guys are experienced enough to root through a lot of peoples BS and I have had guys tell me stuff about my reloading process that I didn't even post. If your looking to get the help you claim on your loads, in my opinion you need to take your best AR load (which is better than most) and work on getting repeatable results. I don't think your going to get better than that.

I'm actually scared to shoot those loads again, I actually don't think I can replicate that, but who knows. As I can't seem to get any help, I'll just shoot my testing loads I have, and then go to the top and give you guy some target pictures.

I'm having a muzzle brake put on my AR this week, I'm hoping it doesn't screw up my accuracy to much
frown.gif

You don't need help, you need to shoot. Make 100 or so of your best rounds go out and have fun.

I've shot my best loads at prairie dogs... just two weeks ago
smile.gif

By the way - Prairie Dogs in SD have the Plague bad, stay in the eastern half of the state, west is dead.