• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle back from the gunsmith. Pics inside.

flounderv2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
So as the title says, I had a few things done to my rifle. All work was done by Thunder Valley precision here in Ohio. The work looks great and the rifle shoots the same. Contact Tom Sarver on this board if youre interested in getting some work done.

The work I had done was a threaded barrel with thread protector and muzzle brake as well as a Tactical bolt knob. I really like it. Let me know what you all think.

Rifle with thread protector installed. You really cant even see where the thread protector meets the barrel.
IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

Tactical Bolt knob
IMG_6137.jpg

Thread protector removed.
IMG_6142.jpg

Muzzle brake threaded on.
IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

Also, during the shoot yesterday, it was so windy that an Eagle or a hawk (tough to tell which) that was actually just hovering in place which made me able to take these pics through my scope at about 450 yards. If someone wanted to, they could have shot it out of mid air at that distance. Thats how still it was hovering, not moving an inch. It was incredible to see it and just watch it hover. Obviously no one would have tried to shoot at it for obvious reasons and and the pic through the scope was just for the photo op.
IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

Re: Rifle back from the gunsmith. Pics inside.

Nice rifle! It's crazy how it just hovered, did you go look and see why it was hovering?

Nice work on the rifle. I've seen hawks hold in the wind like that. Don't know if they are watching for a mouse or what.

I watched a red tailed hawk do the same a couple of days ago here in southeastern Michigan; high winds in a snowy field searching for field mice, rabbits, etc. would be my guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle! It's crazy how it just hovered, did you go look and see why it was hovering? </div></div>

Its the military using alien technology to hover and now they have disguised them as birds so we don't know...

Nice looking rifle, the threading work looks very clean! I've also seen hawks do that but never long enough to take a picture, very cool.

That's a good looking rifle.

The family and I were out wakeboarding last summer when we noticed a bald eagle hovering in place over the water. We slowly brought the boat over and were close enough to hear the force of the birds wings. We watched the bird for close to 15 minutes when we noticed the little mud duck. The duck had been submerged for so long it finally gave up. That bald eagle had a nice lunch.