• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Bags, which one

bobc186

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2020
i’m looking for a soft rifle bag for my cz457 varmint mtr....i have a black hound 6/24x50 scope and atlas bipod attached.....i don’t need a lot of external pockets as i only have 3 mags and a few other pieces....i saw a rifle bag recently, when i was watching a sniper movie...not only was it a soft case, but had the foam inserts where you could outline the rifle, etc and i thought that was great....i’ve done some google searching, but haven’t found that particular bag...maybe it’s unobtainium.....

anyway what are your recommendations for a soft rifle bag....yeas and nays appreciated....thanks in advance..

Bob

sniper....ghost sniper on netflix.....
Are you talking about the case at around the 16 minute mark? It looks like a generic soft guitar case with a foam insert.
You could easily make your own...find a cheap soft guitar case and use this foam insert; https://www.saviorequipment.com/products/spare-foam-for-ultimate-guitar-case

Or just buy one of these;

I made something similar for my MP5 using a Wilson tennis racquet bag. No foam insert, but a rigid foam board with velcro straps. Fits perfectly.

I've also been very happy with my Elite Survival Systems bags for many years...over a decade of use. Very well made, not stupid expensive...the bags I've been using are the Assault Rifle Case series.

Last edited:

Just a simple, no-frills, practical, super well-built, padded, made-in-USA case.

After searching without success for a bag for my CZ452 with newly added scope I found one on Amazon. The feature I liked most about it was it was available, a hard to find feature these days. I had been looking for a shorter case for my Henrys Carbine, ended up buying a tactical rifle case for it because it had my favorite feature as well.

Finding the brand size and color you want nowadays is nearly impossible, so bought cheap cases to protect my two rifles until a time inventory and selection returns to normal.

I've used the soft sided cases from Midway (their branded cases) for several yrs now, have held up well, several of them made a 3K mile road trip to SD and back with no damage to contents at all. One single pocket, good strong handles and zippers.

Reactions: kmckinnon
I've used the soft sided cases from Midway (their branded cases) for several yrs now, have held up well, several of them made a 3K mile road trip to SD and back with no damage to contents at all. One single pocket, good strong handles and zippers.
Midway was one of 3 places I searched when looking. Their basic scoped rifle case is out in every color and size. They may have others to choose from, but in their own line choices are very thin.

I have bags from and love them.

These are not cheap, however they are indestructible.

Gjmen22

Midway drag bag is my go to. I have hard cases of all sizes but that midway case has been really good. I can toss my big bolt gun and the AR in there and it swallows both of them and has good padding for both too.

Midway drag bag is my go to. I have hard cases of all sizes but that midway case has been really good. I can toss my big bolt gun and the AR in there and it swallows both of them and has good padding for both too.
Yep, midway bag has been great for me this far. Fits two rifles with good protection. OP, I know you said you don't need them but the external pockets have also been great. There's ample room for storage of the little things.