• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rifle basix and savage fv-sr trouble

thechristianbear2001

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
Canadian, TX
I have a savage mark II fv-sr .22lr with 16.5" barrel that I have been building and knew to get a little more accuracy out of it I was going to have to work on the accutrigger. Best I could get it was around 3#….. So went searching for trigger replacements and found rifle basix (actually all I found :( ) … I went through the instructions when my trigger showed up from MidwayUSA and I am not getting proper sear engagement …. when I close the bolt the gun fires. If it was on safety when I worked the bolt then the moment it is taken off safety it fires. The trigger doesn't seem to be as firm fitting as the stock accutrigger. I put the old trigger back in and everything worked correctly so I am not sure what to do at the point.

Increase the amount of sear bite by unscrewing the sear adjustment screw.
Increase the spring pressure by tightening the spring adjustment screw.
You want the Basix to be bump safe when finished with adjustments.
May take a few tries to obtain the proper balance between tension and bite.

http://www.riflebasix.com/SAV-RAT_Instructions.pdf

Last edited:
Put on the apache trigger kit today.... Absolutely blown away... Broke at 8oz, turned up to around a pound.... Breaks almost like glass and thoroughly pleased

The Apachee maintains the blade of the accu trigger for safety reasons .